Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 02:58 PM

18 posts, read 54,989 times

Advertisements

Being familiar with both Jersay and Jacksonville, I would think that housing in JAX would be much lower than Jersey. If you are transferring with the same salary you're making in NJ, you should be able to buy alot of house in JAX.
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 05:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,380 times
Hello! I'm going to move in Jax soon. ,trying to find good university to gew degree in economic area. Can u reccomend me anything ?Also i have other question. Is this difficult to find job in Jax ( any for begining and not bad for future).
Thanks, Helen

Old 02-05-2007, 07:12 AM

2 posts, read 10,456 times
jacksonville is not a good place to live i am sorry if some dont like what i have to say but the crime here is bad every other day someone is killed it crazy here the roads are bad with cars bummer on the highways. and when your driving any place you need to make sure your car is locked and windows are up so nobody can get there arm in your car. in the news paper last week scene 2003 to 2006 364 hunder people have been killed thats crazy its like a war zone here

Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
" is moving to jacksonville good?"

well lets see ... it is 74 degrees right now and I am wearing shorts
karla

Old 02-07-2007, 04:13 PM

717 posts, read 1,149,337 times
"well lets see ... it is 74 degrees right now and I am wearing shorts"

Gee, thanks a lot. We're freezing our buns here in New Joyzee and scraping ice off cars. Heck, even my dog rushes back into the house after doing her business.

Can't wait to move there! My timing's a bit off, though. I'm scheduled to move there just when it starts to turn to spring here in the garden state.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:16 PM

11 posts, read 39,449 times
I'm familiar with Jax. I LOVED it. Like any place, it has its pros and cons. Crime has been high recently, but obviously more so on the bad part of the city. Jobs are good. It's really great - you get the city, the beaches, etc.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:45 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
" is moving to jacksonville good?"

well lets see ... it is 74 degrees right now and I am wearing shorts
karla
and the sky is blue. We're wearing shades! But Karla, let's be up front about it- it DID dip down into, what, the fifties here tonight? Brrr...I had to close my windows!

Old 02-08-2007, 03:04 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times
yeah I cant believe when I went for my 4 mile walk yesterday morning at 6:15 I was bundled up it was in the 40's
but it was so nice in the afternoon
I can't wait to get all my flower seeds started for the garden
hopefully this weekend

karla

Old 02-08-2007, 11:40 AM

90 posts, read 297,185 times
Another thing to consider is someplace on the outskirts of Duval county like Baldwin. The schools are very good and there is still actual land to be bought...not just lots. Granted, we are growing, getting closer and closer to Jacksonvile, but it's still more of the country feel. I have lived here my whole life....and I'm ready for a change. I'm sick of the hot weather and ready for some seasons, not just summer and a little cool thrown in every now and then.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:11 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miper70 View Post
Another thing to consider is someplace on the outskirts of Duval county like Baldwin. The schools are very good and there is still actual land to be bought...not just lots. Granted, we are growing, getting closer and closer to Jacksonvile, but it's still more of the country feel. I have lived here my whole life....and I'm ready for a change. I'm sick of the hot weather and ready for some seasons, not just summer and a little cool thrown in every now and then.
Baldwin is beautiful. If I could find a good job in an area like that, I'd consider relocating. I grew up in a small, central Florida town- on the outskirts of a small town. We played in the woods until dark, caught fireflies, climbed trees- we were always outside. I don't remember being bored- we just played and played.

What about Green Cove Springs- or Palatka?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville