Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 04:02 PM

29 posts, read 104,597 times

Advertisements

Where should an attractive single female physician in her mid-20s hangout? I heard the landing is a bit ghetto. I am leaving all my friends and family behind. Would like to start forming a social circle with people outside of the hospital as well. Any recommedations? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 04:46 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abgoesbuzz View Post
Where should an attractive single female physician in her mid-20s hangout? I heard the landing is a bit ghetto. I am leaving all my friends and family behind. Would like to start forming a social circle with people outside of the hospital as well. Any recommedations? Thanks
where do you live? what kind of crowd are you looking for?
I'm a bit older so I don't like places with younger, rowdy types that you may find fun.
There are many places in Atlantic Beach, JAX beach and PVB that are good places. Also there are a couple of places on Bay St that seem to get a crowd

Old 06-04-2008, 09:45 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
I'm not a big fan of The Landing either. It's okay for events or to hang out there during the workday if you work nearby, but I don't see the appeal beyond that.

If you haven't yet picked up an issue of Folio, you should do so. All the hangouts have ads in there and you can get an idea of what they're like from their ads.

Downtown, you might like Mark's or London Bridge. In San Marco try The Grotto. On the Southside, maybe Terra Nova. At the Saint Johns Town Center you could try The Grape or even the bar at PF Chang's some nights. At the beach, I like the irish bars - Lynch's, Fionn MacCool's, Fly's Tie, Culhanes, etc.

Also try to get involved in an activity you enjoy. If you like sailing, join a sailing club (I have 2 friends that met this way and ended up married ), if you are an environmentalist, join the Riverkeepers or a group focused on Manatees or Sea Turtles...there are tons of organizations to get involved in, what are you interested in?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:49 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,733,760 times
Quote:
Where are all the YUPPIES

Social Scene in JAX

Are you the youngest of your group? You can check with the residents (if you have connections somehow) from Mayo or Shands where the junior attendings socialize.

I think the social life will depend upon what types of activities you enjoy doing (i.e. dancing, golf, surfing, etc).

Old 06-05-2008, 04:15 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Cool I know just the place

Quote:
Let's see, mid 20's, single, female, attractive?

Hmm...you can hang out at my place for awhile!

Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

New Jacksonville subforum: Jax Singles!

Old 06-06-2008, 05:03 AM

112 posts, read 524,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

At least he is honest and said for a while.

Shaken you missed the part about a doctor. She is a keeper, just think after she pays off her student loans she will make enought to be able to fill her gas tank. Maybe!!

Sorry I couldn't be more help about where to hang out. We jsut moved her a few months ago.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:18 AM

541 posts, read 2,285,920 times
Obviously, a religous organization is your best bet to meet real friends. Hopefully you are catholic

Once you make some friends at the church of your choice, check out the following cool places.

The Lemon Bar in Atlantic Beach is by far the best place to chill in Jacksonville. Its an outdoor bar.

After that:
The Ritz in Jax Beach
Square One in San Marco
The Grotto's Thursday Night Wine Tastings 6-8 in San Marco

Also try:
Memorial Park in Riverside. Kickball games open to anyone Sundays at 2 I think. Good place to meet people. 20's and 30's.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,376 times
wackos on emerson!

Old 06-08-2008, 06:11 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
What about Burrito Gallery downtown on East Adams? (It's "BG" to the locals.) The place was packed with 20somethings Wednesday night during the Art Walk.

I also just heard about Make A Scene Downtown -- haven't attended yet, so I can't comment from experience. This month (June) it's happening at Hemming Plaza on Thursday nights from 5pm to 8pm (and I don't know if the "scene" moves elsewhere such as to London Bridge after 8).
Make A Scene Downtown May-September 2008
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville