Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 07:41 AM

51 posts, read 136,633 times

Advertisements

This St. John's Town Center is pretty nice. Getting ready to meet a possible roommate for next year. Looking at a place in Sail Cove, which looks very nice from the outside. I took the trip from here to my new job the other day and it wasn't a bad drive. Lots of turns but a fairly quick trip. I'm used to working on the same road that I live on....in a very rural area...so anything is going to be more of a trip, lol.

Hopefully I'll have some good updates very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 AM

702 posts, read 2,179,993 times
Welcome and good luck with the roomie! Is really easy to get around here, it won't take long to get used to!

Old 06-23-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
Welcome and good luck with the roomie! Is really easy to get around here, it won't take long to get used to!
My GPS helps a lot......but the downfall is it doesn't known when roads are closed and there are detours......

Old 06-23-2008, 02:34 PM

870 posts, read 2,173,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchback View Post
This St. John's Town Center is pretty nice. Getting ready to meet a possible roommate for next year. Looking at a place in Sail Cove, which looks very nice from the outside. I took the trip from here to my new job the other day and it wasn't a bad drive. Lots of turns but a fairly quick trip. I'm used to working on the same road that I live on....in a very rural area...so anything is going to be more of a trip, lol.

Hopefully I'll have some good updates very soon.
If you live in Sail Cove, DO NOT go home by way of Phillips Hwy to JTButler. The traffic is so congested at the corner of Phillips and JTB. I made that mistake once.

I hope you get a nice roommate and apt.

Old 06-23-2008, 02:39 PM

593 posts, read 2,434,537 times
Do you have a TomTom, hatchback? I just got my hands on a ONE 130s and it is Traffic Info ready. Makes a huge difference! When roads are closed or there is construction ahead, it lets you know ahead of time how to get around it and how much it will delay you in reaching the destination.

Have any of you ever used the traffic info on a TomTom? In the DC area it has been a life saver - how does it work for you all (y'all?) in Florida?

Old 06-26-2008, 04:45 PM

So I will be living in Sail Cove!

Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
If you live in Sail Cove, DO NOT go home by way of Phillips Hwy to JTButler. The traffic is so congested at the corner of Phillips and JTB. I made that mistake once.

I hope you get a nice roommate and apt.
Can you DM me what you think would be the best route, you know where I am headed to.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:18 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,381,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchback View Post
So I will be living in Sail Cove!
Good! Nice area....busy, but nice . That's a great location to start in and get familiar with Jacksonville....welcome !

Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Good! Nice area....busy, but nice . That's a great location to start in and get familiar with Jacksonville....welcome !
Thanks! I'm one of those "get to work super early" types, so hopefully the business won't cause me any problems. My porch literally looks out onto Gate Parkway, haha.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM

754 posts, read 2,807,776 times
Hatch,

From what I understand, Sail Cove is a nice complex. Some friends of mine stayed there for a year while their house was being built, and they and their young kids liked it there. Whether single or married, with kids or without, it seems like Sail Cove has a little something for everyone.

I don't know if you're of the Christian faith or not, but if you are, I'd invite you to check out Crossroad Church across the street from Sail Cove. I've been a member there for a decade, and it's great!

Riveree is right: it's a nice area, and it makes for a great intro to Jacksonville. Sure, it can get very busy, especially during Rush Hour. But all in all, I think you'll be more than pleased. Welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville