Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 07:48 PM

353 posts, read 1,149,112 times

Advertisements

yea, lots of fireworks can be pruchased in FL. Actually it's legal to sell more types of fireworks than are actually legal to use.

Either way.... this is our country's birthday. Many forget what this day means. Growing up as a kid and even more so now, as a Veteran, I really enjoy the 4th, the significance and all the accoutrements that go with it. Inlcuding the fireworks being set off in the neighborhood. I don't like disturbances as much as the next guy , but on the 4th.... I personally wouldn't get upset till about 11:30 ish.... but thats just me.

I just got home from India today and do I apreciate being back in the good ol USA. Heading next door to enjoy my neighbors fireworks.

RR.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 07:52 PM

A couple years back I was chatting up a St. Johns County mounty at the fireworks storeand he told me go to the beach, and I'd have no problem from them. He also told me they don't even bother with most fireworks noise complaints at all... And I have to agree with him....

Old 07-05-2008, 04:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,020,621 times
Wow.
My kid and I agreed that last night was probably the most simultaneous fireworks we've ever seen. We were sitting on the dock at Oyster Bay, just a little ways across the bridge from Amelia Island. From 9pm on, no matter where we looked, we were surrounded by fireworks on all sides.
It was really cool. (Though no doubt all animals, wild or domesticated, are relieved to have that over with.)

Old 07-06-2008, 09:42 AM

604 posts, read 4,621,542 times
As a kid we never bought fireworks, we went to the local fireworks display though.

Before kids we attended a party were a child seriously burnt himself w/ a sparkler so I'm scared to let my own children have them.

Last night our neighbors were setting them off again (july 5th) until past midnight. And as the days tick by it will get more and more irritating. It's not really appreciated by those of us with children trying to sleep, but eventually they'll run out or stop buying more.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
I've seen those things in the retention pond in our neighborhood. I thought they were muskrats. ::::::::shudder::::::::

Old 07-07-2008, 09:13 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamcim72 View Post
As a kid we never bought fireworks, we went to the local fireworks display though.

Before kids we attended a party were a child seriously burnt himself w/ a sparkler so I'm scared to let my own children have them.

Last night our neighbors were setting them off again (july 5th) until past midnight. And as the days tick by it will get more and more irritating. It's not really appreciated by those of us with children trying to sleep, but eventually they'll run out or stop buying more.
The sound drives our dogs batty. I have an older dog that is becoming a nervous nellie as she ages.

Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I've seen those things in the retention pond in our neighborhood. I thought they were muskrats. ::::::::shudder::::::::
Really?! I was only joking with the link, I didn't know we had them here in NEFL!

The only time I've ever seen them is when they're being fed to the gators at the Alligator Farm in St. Aug ! Mmmmm......Nutria!

Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 AM

Only place I have ever seen a Nutra rat is in Louisianna. Can be calle Nutria, Nutra Rat or its real name the coypu. They can be found in NEFL, but the largest concentration in the US is LA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville