Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:00 AM

156 posts, read 708,838 times

Advertisements

Do you know if those fees increase every year or are they stable?
Also, will the $75.00 annually ever increase?
Are they planning on opening up an entrance from the back?
What about a road from the middle school to HL, is that a plan?
Sorry for so many questions, but research is the only way to find out all you need to know. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2007, 07:02 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,938,341 times
We live in gated section (Legacy) and have overall been happy here. My daughter attends many scheduled activities at the amenity center such as "princess tea party" "pretend sleepover" and the like. She also attends "mom's morning out" 3 mornings a week, which is like preschool for a very reasonable price. They also have different programs for older kids as well that are all very well run.

Our house has needed many repairs due to shoddy workmanship,however. It is finally beginning to look the way we hoped it would, but that's after many days with men from the warrenty department in our house. Very disruptive! D.R. Horton has been supportive and willing to fix most problems, however, which apparently some builders are not. I too would recommend that you buy a house for resale. It will save you a lot of the hassles we have experienced.

Also, you should be aware that there has been quite a lot of vandalism in Heritage Landing recently. The RV and Boat parking lot has been broken into several times, several houses have been broken into as well There has also been property damage such as mailboxes knocked down eggs thrown at houses, mail being stolen and electical panels disabled. Apparenty, it is the work of several teenagers and even some younger kids. A neighborhood watch program has been set up and the police are occasionally patrolling the amenity center. I hope they get a handle on these things soon!

That being said, I still feel safe here and for the most part the residents here are friendly. No shortage of things to do here, and the schools nearby have a great reputation.

As for shopping, you mostly have to go downtown St. Augustine or to Jacksonville. This will change very quickly though. They are building a very upscale outdoor shopping mall nearby similar to St. Johns Town Center. Can't wait!

Anyway good luck with your move. I'm sure you would enjoy it here!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,812 times
I too had a bad experience with dr horton and have recently withdrew on our contract. I would really recommend you find out alot of details on your contract before you work with them and don't sign anything until it is read carefully. They are holding our deposit we put down. Were you able to get your deposit back?

Old 05-22-2007, 10:50 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,187,132 times
what are the residents like? older? younger? what are they like?

Old 05-23-2007, 04:28 AM

236 posts, read 897,543 times
Engle is the only one in that area to be RAISING their prices! I looked at a home a few months ago and it was 274.000 I went back recently and now its 294,000

Old 05-23-2007, 08:40 PM

raising prices? now?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:51 PM

I didn't know that Engle was raising it's prices. That's odd considering that DR Horton is lowering it's prices by about $50,000 so far.

BacktoFlorida, Heritage Landing is definately a young community. There are kids of all ages everywhere! This is great for our daughter who is four.

However, minor vandalism continues which appears to be the handiwork of some local kids. Also, a teen that lives here was driving through the community (didn't have a license) and hit a car, killing a young woman. This boy is still in the neighborhood.

At this point, I think this neighborhood has issues that need to be ironed out before I could recommend it to anyone.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:56 PM

sorry to hear that news. that's awful (the woman hit by the car).

other than mostly young families, what are the ppl like? diverse? ppl from all over? more of a native feel (what i mean is, are ppl from fla or do you think they just moved here from elsewhere? i would say most of the ppl that live near me are from ny/nj, and puerto rico. maybe jax is different that orlando). what do you think?

Old 05-28-2007, 11:04 PM

St. Johns County and much of Jax is really a great area. The population is younger than much of Florida, but it's not full of nightclubs etc. so it's not really a haven for 20 somethings. It really is a family oriented area.

People for the most part are friendly and unpretentious. That is my favorite aspect of living here. But the demographics are changing. Many people from up North are moving here. Most of the people on my street are Northerners. It feels different than it did 10-15 years ago, but I would say that the "old Florida" culture still prevails at this point. Racially, it is predominantly caucasian, almost 90% I think. The other 10% are from all over.

I think you would pretty much find these same demographics in any of the neighborhoods around this area. Heritage Landing does seem to be geared more for younger families though. Even though I am saddened by the accident that killed that young girl and the other problems in this particular neighborhood, i would not try to dissuade you from comtemplating moving to this general area. In my opinion, it's one of the nicest areas to raise a family in all of Florida.

Old 05-28-2007, 11:57 PM

236 posts, read 897,543 times
I was looking to buy in Heritage landings but changed my mind when I started to add up the costs. About 2 grand for CCD fees then theres the homeowners fees of about 1000, then taxes at about 4000, plus the mortgage! I think I'll look at clay county!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville