Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 02:30 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times

Advertisements

Builders selling today at 2002 prices though? No wonder they've played a role in driving the market up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 03:06 PM

2 posts, read 8,352 times
I have seen very little vandalism in Oakleaf Plantation. I saw one house that had a bit of toilet paper in the trees (I really don't get that) and a house that looked as if someone may have painted on it. This is out of thousands of homes. The biggest problem seems to be people sneaking in to try to use the amenities (they're really nice) and they have been cracking down on violators. It seems that almost all the nicer communities have a problem with "homegrown" vandals (maybe it is boredom) but Oakleaf seems to have alot less than most maybe it is because there is a police station inside the community or all of the planned activities. The kids around here did get rowdy and have an ice fight though. Nothing like having the staff pick up buckets of ice cubes. Again, I don't get it but it was hot that day.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:54 PM

7 posts, read 19,871 times
All,
I notice the last post is a few months ago. I will be moving to the area in a few weeks, I am actually planning a house hunting trip this weekend and thought I really liked Heritage Landing but now I am not so sure, please update me on what is going on, vandals, etc.
Thanks

Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM

23 posts, read 74,704 times
vandals and break-ins are pretty common when a new development is under construction. things like copper can come up missing, doors, fridges/stoves especially if they are expensive looking... usually done by an inside guy who has keys while home is under construction. and you know typical teenage kids, they throw rocks at windows, etc... i wouldnt be too worried honestly.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:00 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
I've lived in Heritage Landing for several years now. I am thrilled to say that the vandalism and other petty crimes have finally tapered off. It seems that much of the problems were attributable to a teenagers who have since moved on.

Overall, it's been a fun place to live. Lots of young families and friendly transplants from all over the country. Lots of people from up North, military families and, many from South Florida too. It's easy to make friends here because many are new to the area and are looking to form some connections.

My only issue at the moment is the number of houses that are being rented out. Don't get me wrong. I was a renter for many years and in this market I kind of wish I was a renter again, but I'm not. So I don't really want to be surrounded by too many renters. It makes me feel uneasy about my investment. But again, in this market, who doesn't feel uneasy right now?

Overall, in comparison to the other large communities in the area, I still like the look and feel of Heritage Landing the best. I would keep it on my list of possibilities if I were you. Good Luck!

Old 11-13-2007, 12:52 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
My only issue at the moment is the number of houses that are being rented out.
I took a look in the MLS to see what's going on out there, and it appears there are 12 homes up for rental, and 8 resales. Of course the builders are still building and from what I've seen giving excellent incentives. I don't know what the build out plan is, but usually when communities are still building, it becomes more difficult to sell, and thus, sellers may opt to rent in order to get money coming in for the mortgage. I believe that HL started in 2005 when the market was still hot, and there were probably a lot of investors buying.

Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,901,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by intelligenthiphopfan View Post
and you know typical teenage kids, they throw rocks at windows, etc...
Remember...eyyyy, I got quite an arm kid!

Old 11-13-2007, 01:41 PM

7 posts, read 19,871 times
Thanks for your help. I do plan on looking there. With the market the way it is prices are at a point where we can buy for less than renting so we figured why not buy. I just sold my house in Olympia, WA for a huge loss (I wrote a check for $20,000 to sell it, I only owned it 2 years) but from the outside looking in now might be the best tiem to buy.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:05 PM

1,599 posts, read 2,947,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
I took a look in the MLS to see what's going on out there, and it appears there are 12 homes up for rental, and 8 resales. Of course the builders are still building and from what I've seen giving excellent incentives. I don't know what the build out plan is, but usually when communities are still building, it becomes more difficult to sell, and thus, sellers may opt to rent in order to get money coming in for the mortgage. I believe that HL started in 2005 when the market was still hot, and there were probably a lot of investors buying.
I don't have any idea how many houses are for sale/rent in Heritage Landing but it's A LOT more than that! Seriously, more like 120 for resale and 80 for rent....probably more.

Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,764 times
It's quite possible they are listed on the St. Augustine MLS which I do not have access to. The numbers I sited are from the NEFAR MLS. It's a good point, I forget sometimes that in the WGV area, more homes may be listed in St. Augustine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville