U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 08:46 PM

14 posts, read 15,935 times
I am moving down from Buffalo, so I am a Bills fan, but I have also been rooting for the Jags since they came into the league (just been a fan for some reason). I'll be pulling for them during the season, but with the home opener against the Bills, I can't root against the hometown team. Hopefully I'll get out to a few games this season -- maybe the opener if I'm lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2008, 08:29 AM

870 posts, read 1,361,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badasscracker View Post
I am moving down from Buffalo, so I am a Bills fan, but I have also been rooting for the Jags since they came into the league (just been a fan for some reason). I'll be pulling for them during the season, but with the home opener against the Bills, I can't root against the hometown team. Hopefully I'll get out to a few games this season -- maybe the opener if I'm lucky.

That's understandable, but hopefully, your hometeam will soon be the Jaguars.

We tailgate with friends who are originally from MA. They are Jaguar season ticket holders and are Patriot fans only when the Jaguars aren't playing them.

Old 08-03-2008, 10:54 AM

1,641 posts, read 3,380,706 times
Well, we aren't much into football, and our last yard sale we sold all our Jaguar stuff. Then, we saw the "half pack" ad in the paper, and both looked at each other and said, "Let's do it". So now we have to go buy Jaguar stuff all over again.

Of course we are in nose bleed territory, but it should be fun. Now if I could just remember who the players are. Other than Fred Taylor and that "Garrard guy". Darned fine quarterback. I know so much.

Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 AM

17,800 posts, read 21,189,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Well, we aren't much into football, and our last yard sale we sold all our Jaguar stuff. Then, we saw the "half pack" ad in the paper, and both looked at each other and said, "Let's do it". So now we have to go buy Jaguar stuff all over again.

Of course we are in nose bleed territory, but it should be fun. Now if I could just remember who the players are. Other than Fred Taylor and that "Garrard guy". Darned fine quarterback. I know so much.
agreatlfie
If they don't have that orange line on the field and the announcer guy I have no idea what is going on
this is why I don't go watch the game at the stadium

Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post

Did you get the Teal or Black package?
Our season tickets are in the upper deck (nose bleed section). I like it as I can see more of the plays, and we catch a breeze that the lower bowl doesn't get.
We sat down close to the field at the scrimmage, and I couldn't every guy on the line of scrimmage at the beginning of the plays. I like that bird's-eye view that the upper deck provides.

Old 08-03-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
agreatlfie
If they don't have that orange line on the field and the announcer guy I have no idea what is going on
There's an announcer guy at the stadium. When he says, "And that's good for another Jacksonville Jaguar....." then it's time to yell "FIRST DOWN! MOVE THE CHAINS, MOVE THE CHAINS, MOVE THE CHAINS, UMMHH!"

(also they have this pole [instead of the orange line on TV] that you can look at to see if they moved the ball enough to get a first down. Or you can just wait for the announcer to say: "And that's good....")

Old 08-03-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
agreatlfie

Hey Karla...I just thought about you could sit with us. My son's girlfriend is going with us this year, and my son is very patent about explaining everything about football to her. He could just speak a little louder to include you in the lesson.
He also has an excellent memory, so all I have to do is ask him, "Who's #51?" and he'll tell me who it is. It's nice since they don't sell programs anymore.

Old 08-03-2008, 07:25 PM

17,800 posts, read 21,189,980 times
they don't have directories well that just wrong
well I guess you could print a cheat sheet

I think the having to "splain" everything is one reason my hubby has been a little hesitant in taking me lol

Old 08-03-2008, 07:54 PM

589 posts, read 1,049,719 times
You are all cracking me up here. It's like going to an NHL game. I loved watching hockey on TV but it went too darn fast in person. And then there was no Gene Hart (voice of the Philadelphia Flyers) telling me what was going on. Oh it was sad. LOL

Last year our seats were in 405 Row E. This year we decided to change it up and are in 414 Row C on one of the aisles. I completely agree that the 400s aka nose bleeds afford a much more complete view of the plays and players. I cannot keep track when I am in the lower bowl(like at a scrimmage or in the end zone itself).

Old 08-04-2008, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum1Else View Post
You are all cracking me up here. It's like going to an NHL game. I loved watching hockey on TV but it went too darn fast in person. And then there was no Gene Hart (voice of the Philadelphia Flyers) telling me what was going on. Oh it was sad. LOL

Last year our seats were in 405 Row E. This year we decided to change it up and are in 414 Row C on one of the aisles. I completely agree that the 400s aka nose bleeds afford a much more complete view of the plays and players. I cannot keep track when I am in the lower bowl(like at a scrimmage or in the end zone itself).

You'll have to let me know how the aisle seats are. Some like it, and some don't. The guy at the end of our aisle always looks really ticked off when I have to go to the restroom, but he stays in that seat every year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville