Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 11:45 AM

26 posts, read 116,763 times

Advertisements

hello, moving to the state from NY and would like to find out about a few Black Hair Salons in the area, I actually prefer a male, but would settle for female. Just someone who is fierce with a flat iron, or hot curl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 02:53 PM

Smile Ok

lol.... when u said OVA, i was like yeah, this must be "the place", thanks a lot for the info

Old 08-21-2008, 03:38 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,333,293 times
She does nice work . That last pic is like my hair...I think she could handle this wild mess that grows out of my head !

Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,714,960 times
This is one beautiful post ... thanks, Gradco.

Go for it, Riv.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:15 PM

472 posts, read 1,539,853 times
Hey guys,

Power was out earlier for about 3 hours... had laptop, but no internet Anyway:

Cathy81 - you're welcome. you won't regret it. I kind of wanted to show you her range with irons and curls. I feel that she really excells with the flat iron. Her pressed hair styles are what she's known for. And she can work over natural hair like no one else. She can layer hair so beautifully... when you open the door, it whipps up and dances with the wind like no other. (can you tell I was a very happy client) I found her in the Blacksonville.com (http://www.blacksonville.com/cpm/browse.aspx?cat=9&name=&searchtype=browse - broken link) business directory a long time ago. The owner, Pekela, also sells her own line of hair care products called "Hair Elements" which smell really good ; coconut oils and such.

River - you're damn right. she would make you a hip-hop honey (that can be a good or a bad thing)

Cricket - probably meant more than what i'm reading into it (you little devil ) ...you're welcome

Last edited by gradco2004; 08-21-2008 at 10:25 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 AM

870 posts, read 2,168,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradco2004 View Post
Hey guys,

Power was out earlier for about 3 hours... had laptop, but no internet Anyway:

Cathy81 - you're welcome. you won't regret it. I kind of wanted to show you her range with irons and curls. I feel that she really excells with the flat iron. Her pressed hair styles are what she's known for. And she can work over natural hair like no one else. She can layer hair so beautifully... when you open the door, it whipps up and dances with the wind like no other. (can you tell I was a very happy client) I found her in the Blacksonville.com (http://www.blacksonville.com/cpm/browse.aspx?cat=9&name=&searchtype=browse - broken link) business directory a long time ago. The owner, Pekela, also sells her own line of hair care products called "Hair Elements" which smell really good ; coconut oils and such.

River - you're damn right. she would make you a hip-hop honey (that can be a good or a bad thing)

Cricket - probably meant more than what i'm reading into it (you little devil ) ...you're welcome
I wish she could do something with the few hairs I have left from chemotherapy. I hate my hair!!!

Old 01-09-2009, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 11,873 times
I took the advice here and scheduled me an appointment the same day. This is a really professional shop. Unlike any I have experienced here in Jax. I had a spot of breakage when I moved here and I was pampering it. Then the shop I was using did a perm and within 3-4 days all my edges on the left was gone. I thought it was hopeless. I sat in that chair and not only received a lovely cut, I received the color that I have been seeking since I left S. Florida as well.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:04 PM

5 posts, read 20,373 times
Im fairly new to Jacksonville & I get my hair done @SALONPK by Pekela(she's the owner). She does a wonderful job on my hair...my cut is waay HOT! Most of the styles in the gallery is of her work, not Tanika(although she does good work too).Most of these posted photos are of her work,,anycase,,the whole salon is fabulous!!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by how2luvme View Post
Im fairly new to Jacksonville & I get my hair done @SALONPK by Pekela(she's the owner). She does a wonderful job on my hair...my cut is waay HOT! Most of the styles in the gallery is of her work, not Tanika(although she does good work too).Most of these posted photos are of her work,,anycase,,the whole salon is fabulous!!!!
I still haven't gone to this Salon, but glad to hear the good reviews...will be hitting it up real soon.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 AM

1 posts, read 6,204 times
What about natural hair salons, I have breakage in the back and I dont know what to do with my hair. I had locs and cut them out thinking my hair would grow and it didnt grow much. I need help because I just dont know what to do, now its uneven and all natural
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville