Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:30 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,410 times

Advertisements

Called the campaign headquarters to check on collapsable lawn chair; they said no, and no cameras or video recorders either. Just a heads up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 PM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
wonder how many gators will show up, it's pretty close to game time.

Hope the weather will be good. Did you ask about bottled water and or umbrella? it's a outdoor thing right? will it be televised live?

Old 09-19-2008, 09:05 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
wonder how many gators will show up, it's pretty close to game time.

Hope the weather will be good. Did you ask about bottled water and or umbrella? it's a outdoor thing right? will it be televised live?
It's outdoors, so I guess everyone will have to stand? I'm going to bring a bottle of water but I'll be ready to hand it over at the gate if need be. Other than that, just my phone in my pocket and some cash.

I don't think you can bring an umbrella, you might have to rely on a hat and some sunscreen.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:31 PM

Here's a link to what's allowed and what isn't:

Jacksonville.com

Old 09-20-2008, 03:55 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times
Do they have food/beverage vendors at events like this? I understand the do's and don'ts listed, but it would be a very long day especially if the sun was blasting rays and one couldn't wet the whistle to prevent dehydration.

Those of you who are going ... please let us know afterwards how it went -- in a bi-partisan way so that this thread won't get moved to the Politics Forum :-)

Old 09-20-2008, 07:09 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
it's raining now...

and it says no 'video' camera, digi cams seems to be allowed. just look at the picture in Riveree's link

Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
it's raining now...

and it says no 'video' camera, digi cams seems to be allowed. just look at the picture in Riveree's link
So you think digital cameras are okay? I see what you mean about the link, it doesn't say *no* dig cameras.
I am about to leave to meet my group; I'd like to bring my camera but would hate to leave it in the car (or at the security check!)

Old 09-20-2008, 01:36 PM

Sending this from my blackberry, live at the Obama rally. It is about 3:30 or so, and no sign of Barack yet. A few state representatives spoke around 2:30, but its been only music since. Supposedly, there are over 8000 people outside of the gates of the park. Sounds about right considering I am one of them.

Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Default Pics from the Rally

Talk about standing room only!

The numbers were staggering, in fact, historic. According to Senator Bill Nelson, Jacksonville has never before had a turnout like today's for any candidate in either party.

Inside Metropolitan Park the number was 15,000 (last I heard) and outside the park the number was 8,000, including Gradco . 23,000 people showed up on this rainy day to stand in a muddy park for hours....and they were happy about it .

We arrived hours before Obama was to speak and I'm glad we did. The wait to get inside was long and they closed the gates shortly after we got in. It was standing room only and we ended up at the far back edge of the park. it ended up being a good spot because we were on the concrete path and it's a little elevated so we had a good view.

The whole day had a great peaceful vibe, everyone was patient with each other and friendly.

Here are some pics. Sorry, no up-close shots of Obama, I was waaaaaay in the back, so he's just a speck in my pics .

Standing in line, the crowd is growing....

The crowd...

Obama is speaking, if you look in the upper right of the photo, you might see the big "Change" sign - he's at the podium in front of the sign (river is to his back)...

I played with the photo a bit to try and zoom in....can you see him?

All in all, an inspiring day. Obama was great, but what really made me smile was the crowd .

Old 09-20-2008, 07:28 PM

Pictures and video to come soon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville