Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM

28 posts, read 159,705 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Jacksonville and are thinking of DR Horton in Heritage Landing. We want a safe, family friendly area. It seems like it will be a 45 minute commute to downtown Jacksonville though. Is there anything else out there besides golf related stuff and a Publix? What other shopping options are around there (within 5-10 minutes)? For example, do they have strip malls with a Blockbuster, pizza place, chinese restaurant, etc. Or a couple of non-golf related restaurants. Any information would be appreciated. We have yet to take a trip down and check it out. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Power lines

My husband is down in Jacksonville for two days and has been able to check out the commuting times. Turns out that without traffic it takes ~30 minutes from downtown Jacksonville to Heritage Landing. He also said it looks like a strip mall is being planned with a Walgreens already going up. We have heard an additional Publix is going up in the area also. He did notice that there are power lines that are running through the middle of the neighborhood splitting Phases 1 & 2 from 3 & 4. Are there any Heritage Landing residents who can comment on this? Has anyone hired an inspector to determine EMF levels in their home? Thanks!

Last edited by chubacca; 02-12-2007 at 04:09 PM..

Old 02-13-2007, 08:40 AM

Default Julington Creek Plantation and Oakleaf Plantation

I just had a realtor recommend Julington Creek Plantation and Oakleaf Plantation to me. Any thoughts on those communities?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:23 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Chubacca
I would chose Julington Creek(st.johns county) over Oakleaf in a heartbeat !!!
I know quite a few people trying to get out of Oakleaf. A few of them are stuck because of the contracts they signed with the builders.
Traffic in that area is nuts.
Another area to look at would be the Southside about 20 mins to Downtown
zip code 32256
Karla

Old 03-17-2007, 01:27 PM

16 posts, read 66,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubacca View Post
We are relocating to Jacksonville and are thinking of DR Horton in Heritage Landing. We want a safe, family friendly area. It seems like it will be a 45 minute commute to downtown Jacksonville though. Is there anything else out there besides golf related stuff and a Publix? What other shopping options are around there (within 5-10 minutes)? For example, do they have strip malls with a Blockbuster, pizza place, chinese restaurant, etc. Or a couple of non-golf related restaurants. Any information would be appreciated. We have yet to take a trip down and check it out. Thanks.

The whole area around Golf parkway is growing. There are 2 new schools being built so there trying to stay up on schools.

on the corner of 16 and golf parway there building a hospital and a new Publix, plus more strip type stores. The old publix will be made into a CVS they say.

Across I 95 on golf parkway there is a 1.5 million SQ ft Outdoor mall in the development stages like the St Johns town center

Old 03-18-2007, 11:56 AM

4 posts, read 15,098 times
near world golf and outlet mall, very nice, but resell market is FLOODED right now

Old 03-18-2007, 12:11 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
My husband just got off the phone with a realtor from Julington Creek and she told him that there's a new life center, similar to the St. John's Life Center up by Butler Rd., planned for the World Golf area.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:55 PM

1 posts, read 5,055 times
Smile Moving to Hl

my husband has already moved and my 12 yr old son and I will be joining him from Michigan once school is over. I understand that there are alot of kids in the neighborhood and that it is a very friendly place. If you live there now please let me know if you think this is the case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville