Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 01:39 PM

414 posts, read 1,862,843 times

Advertisements

I'm going out of town for Thanksgiving and I have never kenneled my dogs. I have two and would like to be able to board them in the same kennel because they get separation anxiety when they are apart. Can anyone give a recommendation for a good kennel and one that will let me board them together? I live in north St. Johns county, but will travel for a good place for my "kids." Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Check out Pet Paradise. They have several locations in JAX now.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Most places will let you kennel them together. I like to have mine right next to each other. As long as there is little risk that your dogs might get overly excited and turn on each other, then keeping them together should be no problem (breed/dog type can have a lot to do with it).

I recommend choosing an actual boarding facility and not a vet's office. The reason is security. A boarding facility will usually have staff on premise 24/7 and often will have live cameras so you can check in on your dog via the internet. A vet's office will almost always have no one at the facility overnight and vet's offices do get broken into for drugs. The criminals rarely mess with the dogs, but it's still not a comfortable feeling to think no one is watching them at night .

I don't have a place to recommend since the place I used to use I won't use anymore (they forgot to give one of my dogs his heart and thyroid meds last time, so I won't use them anymore). I'll be looking at Pet Paradise next time I need boarding. There's one in St. Augustine:

Pet Paradise Locations, Ormond Beach, Jacksonville University Boulevard, Jacksonville International Airport, North Carolina, Palm Coast, Houston Bush Intercontinental Airport, Louisiana, Palm Coast, North Carolina, Sanford, Houston Bush Intercontinen (http://www.petparadiseresort.com/pet_paradise_locations.php - broken link)

These threads might help too:

Dog Boarding

Long term (two-three weeks) dog boarding

Old 10-06-2008, 02:25 PM

353 posts, read 1,149,213 times
We have used Pet Paradise (airport location) and have loved them.

Now that we live on the soutern end of Jax, thisWed I'm bringing my puppies to Julington Creek Animal Walk to be boarded. I'll report back and let you know how it went. It seems really nice there.

RR

Old 10-07-2008, 06:19 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times
I've used both Paradise and Julington Creek and have been totally satisfied with both. I lean more toward Julington because at the end of the spa stay we got a report card which detailed everything our dog did or didn't do each day.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:51 AM

414 posts, read 1,862,843 times
Default Just let me know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
We have used Pet Paradise (airport location) and have loved them.

Now that we live on the soutern end of Jax, thisWed I'm bringing my puppies to Julington Creek Animal Walk to be boarded. I'll report back and let you know how it went. It seems really nice there.

RR
I appreciate you letting me know what you thought of it! Thanks.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:52 PM

604 posts, read 4,621,797 times
I live near WGV and have used Bartram Vet/Animal Clinic? on SR 16 (almost to Heritage Landing), it's a new blue building with a really large fenced in yard for dogs to play. I've seen two dogs (same household) together before. I've had good experiences, they were unable to reach me when my dog had an ear infection and treated it anyway.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawipafl View Post
I've used both Paradise and Julington Creek and have been totally satisfied with both. I lean more toward Julington because at the end of the spa stay we got a report card which detailed everything our dog did or didn't do each day.
Cute! A report card . Though, one of my dogs might get some bad marks, she steals toys from other dogs. She's always come home with a bone packed in with her stuff that isn't hers .

Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Cute! A report card . Though, one of my dogs might get some bad marks, she steals toys from other dogs. She's always come home with a bone packed in with her stuff that isn't hers .
My shy, mild-mannered dog - or so I thought - got a little mischievous when away from "mom" and did his own landscaping at Julington (aka dug holes) and decided to go swimming by mistake (water not his favorite but he forgot that). The report card told all :-) Plus they also recorded who (human) took him for walks and who (canine) he found as best buddies to play with.

The staff at Paradise at the airport was attentive, the facility clean, but I found Julington to be just a bit more hands-on with my precious puppy.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:59 AM

276 posts, read 1,135,984 times
how much do these kennels charge?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville