Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:00 PM

530 posts, read 1,459,957 times

Advertisements

So the Southside is the only decent part of Jacksonville. Some of you people on here lead people to believe that. There are nice areas in all parts of Jax not just the Southside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:54 AM

560 posts, read 2,075,778 times
^ I agree that the Southside isn't the only decent place in Jacksonville. But let's be honest, that's probably what the TS is looking for.

My favorite neighborhoods happen to be San Marco, Riverside, the Beaches, and Downtown. But would you honestly suggest that he look there?

His post said Indian, IT salary, pregnant wife, safety. Apartments on the Southside are his best bet.

Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 PM

34 posts, read 104,651 times
Being indian myself and having sought and received great insight from the forum here before even moving down to Jax less than a year ago with my wife and 2 small kids, I can assure you southside would be your best option. im around the 32246 zipcode and that is what i see people recommending. schools are A rated (twin lakes, which doesnt seem to apply to you i believe), work, shopping, hospitals all within 5 miles....indian grocery stores if a concern are on baymeadows, again wthin 5 miles of the zipcode. the rest i would recommend doing what i did, take the advice of the forum people here, a local realtor and check out the place personally, if possible.....good luck

Old 12-02-2008, 10:43 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
So the Southside is the only decent part of Jacksonville. Some of you people on here lead people to believe that. There are nice areas in all parts of Jax not just the Southside.
I think we also have to take into account that the Southside is the most densely populated region of Duval county. There's more residential dwellings to choose from, it's also where many employers are located (including the OP of this thread), so it will be an area that comes up more frequently.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 PM

23 posts, read 103,631 times
check out IRON WOOD community. It's a GATED community. Lots of indians live there. very safe. Pretty good neighborhood. Just a little bit pricey when compared to the apartments on southside. Closer to almost everything.
If u want to live in one of the southside apartments, check out "Princeton Square apts". The reason being there are plenty(huge population) of indians live there too. But the apts are really old and I heard not that safe recently.
Check out the below indian websites and contact them for further help.

Telugu Association of Jacksonville Area (telugu association link)

Hindu Society of North East Florida (http://www.jaxhindutemple.org/fresh/ - broken link) (hindu temple link)

Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 AM

92 posts, read 242,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_kk View Post
Hi

I am planning to move on Dec 15th 2008 to jax.
I will be coming alone and my wife will join me mid Feb'09.
Few things I would like to know

1) I am looking for apartments where most of indian live.
2) My wife is expected and we want to have delivery in Florida .
Hospital should be in proximity.
3) I will be working with convergys , I am in IT.
4) safety is concern as my family will be alone.

I will be looking for temporary place intially till my wife joins me.

Any Suggestions based on above which place I should look for ?

Thanks
Cool_kk

am I missing something, if someone said they were looking to move to an area with mostly whites or striaghts they would be vilified on here, right Riveree.

As for the north east of Florida, well it is the south and proud of it, hopefully you'll be trying some grits and biscuits and gravy.

No point in moving to a place to make it look like the place you left .
Like my wife says, why would I have moved south from Boston to want it to look Boston, with all of it's built up area, elite liberal views and high tax

Old 12-04-2008, 11:12 AM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
am I missing something, if someone said they were looking to move to an area with mostly whites or striaghts they would be vilified on here, right Riveree.

As for the north east of Florida, well it is the south and proud of it, hopefully you'll be trying some grits and biscuits and gravy.

Like my wife says, why would I have moved south from Boston to want it to look Boston, with all of it's built up area, elite liberal views and high tax
Ehh, like most things, it's a matter of moderation. I think it's perfectly reasonable to seek out a comfortable setting with folks who share your language, food, or overall culture. It doesn't mean you segregate or isolate yourself, it just gives you the opportunity to have a comfort zone when you need one and in the long run, it would probably help you assimilate with all the other people of diverse backgrounds in your new environment.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:40 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post

I read the OP's request as one of inclusion, not exclusion. The OP might have said "I want to live near other artsy people" or "I want to live near country folks". I have to take it case-by-case, but you can always report a thread or DM me privately to discuss any concerns. You're also welcome to ask for clarification from an OP if you'd like to better understand their request...nothing wrong with that . -mod

Old 10-23-2009, 03:52 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
ganga
this is a very old thread
You might want to consider starting a new thread so your question would not be missed by those that would have the information your asking about

Old 10-23-2009, 04:50 AM

18,116 posts, read 11,749,491 times
I started a new thread -

Indian community in Ponte Vedra?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville