U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 05:19 AM

870 posts, read 1,987,166 times

Advertisements

Christmas Made in the South is Nov 28, 29, 30. Does anyone here go to this. I used to have a problem with paying to get into somewhere so I could shop, but I went last year. It was nice...I bought some great lotion and some great hot drink mixes (coffee based) last year.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 05:39 AM

4,520 posts, read 13,264,625 times
I, too, have a problem with spending money in order to spend money :-) But I did go last year and found some really nice things. There were a number of food tables where they had samples and then you could buy the mixes so that you could make the delectables at home. I found that some vendors' prices were a tad high, but most were just right or even underpriced. I thought that last year's diversity of products offered was enjoyable.

Here's a link to a webcoupon for $1 off the admission ...
http://www.madeinthesouthshows.com/2008/Webcoupons2008.pdf (broken link)

Old 11-24-2008, 07:31 AM

754 posts, read 2,591,859 times
I've gone to that every year, and the last two years, I've been greatly disappointed. Fewer vendors, fewer food samples, etc., than prior years. I almost always buy something, especially from the people who sell the pecan pie muffin mix (deeee-lish!) and the soup mix.

Since money's a bit tighter this year, I'm not going for the reason that mawipafl said: I don't like spending money in order to go inside and spend money.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM

414 posts, read 1,704,243 times
I agree that I was disappointed last year and the year before. But, it's not super expensive adn I like buying products from small businesses and crafters, so to me, especially in this economy, I don't mind going to an event like this and supporting non-chain retailers.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:43 PM

If you go, try the Pretty Baby Soap company's lotion (if they are there). Great stuff.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:16 PM

8,204 posts, read 33,063,322 times
It is a legitimate indoor craft show and the artists/crafters are juried in, so an entry fee is appropriate.

If it was an outdoor show, such as the San Marco art festival or the Fernandina Eight Flags Shrimp Festival (which is more of an art show than a shrimp fest), then the show producer can waive the entry fee, but indoor shows of any decent quality are usually going to charge.

Just a little inside scoop from an art festival lover .

I haven't gone to the Christmas Made in the South show for years, it's really not my kind of show, but it is one of the most highly attended shows in Jacksonville. I think it's worth checking out at least once .

Old 11-25-2008, 05:23 AM

754 posts, read 2,591,859 times
It is a legitimate indoor craft show and the artists/crafters are juried in, so an entry fee is appropriate.

I'm not saying it's inappropriate to charge a fee. I'm just saying I don't like it, and as such, I won't be going. Others won't be similarly dissuaded.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:52 AM

1,042 posts, read 2,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
Christmas Made in the South is Nov 28, 29, 30. Does anyone here go to this. I used to have a problem with paying to get into somewhere so I could shop, but I went last year. It was nice...I bought some great lotion and some great hot drink mixes (coffee based) last year.
Does anybody remember the name of the booth that sells the coffee based drinks. I know they have an online site but can not remember their name. I love in Tx now and am not able to attend and I want to order some of their cappacciono mixes.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txgal33 View Post
Does anybody remember the name of the booth that sells the coffee based drinks. I know they have an online site but can not remember their name. I love in Tx now and am not able to attend and I want to order some of their cappacciono mixes.
I will try to remember the name. I have ordered from them online. I love their mixes.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:03 PM

16 posts, read 33,859 times
Default Christmas Made in the South

If anyone is wondering what Christmas Made in the South is like, I went there last year and wrote all about it. You can check it out in "Out and About in Jax", a blog all about events and things to do in the Jacksonville area. There are detailed posts with photos, communiy calendars and events listings. www.outandaboutinjax.blogspot.com
Erica
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville