Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2012, 11:48 AM

34 posts, read 104,651 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Jacksonville in the new few weeks for a position that I have accepted with Citi at the 14000 Citicards Way location in the 32258 zipcode.

The best apartment community I could find online at such short notice that would be close to work, be in a safe neighborhood, have 'A' rated schools, and still remain relatively close to shopping was the Indigo Apartments. They appear decent online and the staff seemed quite friendly when discussing availability but the 2 bedroom units seem to be a little on the pricey side for the area (in my opinion): $1250 + utilities. Is that the normal range for this area? Are there any other communities I should be considering as alternatives?

Appreciate all advice in advance. :-)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 12:36 PM

232 posts, read 573,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabimunda View Post
Hi,

I am moving to Jacksonville in the new few weeks for a position that I have accepted with Citi at the 14000 Citicards Way location in the 32258 zipcode.

The best apartment community I could find online at such short notice that would be close to work, be in a safe neighborhood, have 'A' rated schools, and still remain relatively close to shopping was the Indigo Apartments. They appear decent online and the staff seemed quite friendly when discussing availability but the 2 bedroom units seem to be a little on the pricey side for the area (in my opinion): $1250 + utilities. Is that the normal range for this area? Are there any other communities I should be considering as alternatives?

Appreciate all advice in advance. :-)

Thanks!
Look on Zillow and search 32258, filter down to show rent only.

There are lots of town homes off Bartram Park Blvd (same road Indigo Apartments are off of). You can rent a 2 or 3br town home (some have a 1 car garage) for anywhere from 900 - 1300 (depending on size/garage). Plus, you won't have a neighbor above and/or below you. All the communities off that road have an HoA that takes care of all outside maintenance and what not, so you dont have to worry about any of that.

Indigo Apartments are nice, but you're right, they are too expensive for what else you can get in the immediate area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: