Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2008, 01:41 PM

44 posts, read 162,328 times

Advertisements

While we all wish for "Peace on Earth", health and happiness for our families; what is your Christmas Wish just for yourself - something that money could actually buy?

For myself it is to have the outside of my house painted, and a new kitchen floor that doesn't trip you when you walk across it.

Last edited by cat_herder; 12-14-2008 at 02:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 02:03 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,735,456 times
My wish is for the economy to improve and I hope that no one loses their jobs before the Christmas Season into the New Year.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:00 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
My wish is for the economy to improve and I hope that no one loses their jobs before the Christmas Season into the New Year.
That's a wish I second. Sadly, it is happening . I just heard from a friend the other day who was suprisingly laid off. Her job was outsourced to India with little warning and she's not even in the banking field or any of the other industries that are all over the news these days (she's in medical). We just faced it down in my household as well. My husband's job was saved - for now - but others in his company were not so lucky.

Getting back to the material wishes of this thread though, what I want for my gift is jewelry . I should wish for more practical and necessary things like home improvements, but if I want a "forget about all the troubles of the world" gift, I want jewelry .

Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
That I can keep my kids in private school and braces and keep my house all at the same time.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:22 PM

702 posts, read 2,185,462 times
Not to have deferred (DH's) school loans that keep building interest and not be upside down on our home. But if we go for material things like Riv, a new pot set. The blue Rachael Ray's with the silicone handles. (No I do not like her or watch her show, but I do like cooking!)

Old 12-15-2008, 02:46 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,023,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Chiming in third for the above. ^
Two years ago this month, having been laid off from his former job, my husband was living and working here and my younger son and I were living in Port St Joe, because we did not want to uproot our kid yet again.
We're in much better shape this year.
This might sound ultra-corny, but I feel so lucky, there's really nothing I want.
Christmas at the beach is good enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville