Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:54 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,986,983 times

Advertisements

I enjoyed PF Chang's. My only complaint was that it was quite noisy. It was dinner, and the place was quite full. Not too much sound-absorbing materials in the restaurant, so any kind of intimate conversation is out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 09:10 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
I love P.F. Chang's.

I've eaten there I don't know how many times, but I'd say at least 12 or more times. It's almost always been good except for 2 times I can think of and both of those times the staff tried to fix the dish (unsuccessfully, but at least they tried).

It's just a good, casual place with an easy menu. I think anyone can find something they like there and the atmosphere is nice.

I also like The Grape next door to P.F. Chang's. Their wine menu is fun and you can do a small tasting. They also have a pretty good menu for light food. Their wine is well-priced but their food is on the pricey side.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM

97 posts, read 404,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I agree with the descriptions you've received on PF Changs. I personally like the place, but it's far from authentic. Just your typical, mid-priced, quasi-fancy restaurant only now with Chinese style-food.

Are you set on Chinese food? Here's a recent but very long thread on Chinese restaurants in Jax: http://www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...estaurant.html
Thanks PM - very long thread indeed, but I'll get through it!

No, I'm not set on Chinese food, just want to the kids to explore/try a "new" cuisine. My comfort zone thus far is SJTC, so when I'm in town, I tend to gravitate towards that area ! The "kids" though have the GPS and should continue to explore East of the River. This month I want to send them to enjoy a nice Chinese dinner. When I'm in JAX in Feb, I will try to find an authentic German restaurant; then back to some place new in March (perhaps by then they will enjoy Japanese cuisine) and continue until I run out of options. Should be fun!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAI1229 View Post

No, I'm not set on Chinese food, just want to the kids to explore/try a "new" cuisine. My comfort zone thus far is SJTC, so when I'm in town, I tend to gravitate towards that area ! The "kids" though have the GPS and should continue to explore East of the River. This month I want to send them to enjoy a nice Chinese dinner. When I'm in JAX in Feb, I will try to find an authentic German restaurant; then back to some place new in March (perhaps by then they will enjoy Japanese cuisine) and continue until I run out of options. Should be fun!
For Japanese, try Edomasa on Univerisity and San Jose Blvd. Same plaza as Winn-Dixie. It's more traditional cruisine than the 'steak house teppenyaki' nonsense.
Chizu near the beach is alt choice.
VERY limited amount of German restaurant here, maybe just 1 or 2.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAI1229 View Post

lol, that does sound fun! I know Jax is hardly a mecca for foodies, but at a pace of one restaurant a month I don't think you'll run out of options for quite some time.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:33 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,488,188 times
Well, according to South Park, it will constipate you for weeks.

But seriously, I like P.F. Chang's a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville