U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 PM

8,204 posts, read 24,008,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

I can't keep it a secret any longer- Riv has been involved in relocating families that are in the witness protection program. All this time she has been doing it through CD...
Yes, yes, that's it!

Thank you all for your kind words, they are much appreciated . I've given out too many rep points in the last 24 hours, so I'll have to hit you all later .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 10:25 PM

232 posts, read 487,948 times
Riv,

Thank you for all your hard work in your role as moderator of this forum. Best of luck to you on your new gig! Just remember, you will always have a place on CD.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM

504 posts, read 830,971 times
Thanks Riv for all you help and good post.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 PM

276 posts, read 678,216 times
Default Thank you

Riveree,
You have been an excellent moderator on this forum. I think you did a great job here. I would always look forward to your posts or your replies to posts. You do have lot of knowledge of jacksonville and have been sharing that. You also knew when to lock down the 'hot' posts.

I am going to miss you in the Mod role but i am glad that you will still be around to share your knowledge and insights.

Thanks for you patience around here

Old 01-14-2009, 01:16 AM

2,485 posts, read 2,566,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Riveree,
The Jax forum won't be the same without you. But now you can go back to being one of the moderated

I can't keep it a secret any longer- Riv has been involved in relocating families that are in the witness protection program. All this time she has been doing it through CD. A new "CD member" would post questions about a certain area and Riv would respond. This way she would find the perfect location for them, without an e-mail or phone log paper trail.

Many of them were nothing more than innnocent victims, witnesses to heinous acts. Others hardened criminals who were "cut a break" for ratting out a higher up. Hence the argumentative and offensive newbies that we have seen. They are actually people who have been placed in the witness protection program after taking part in terrible criminal activity. Unfortunately, their behavior, in many cases, has drawn attention to themselves and the government rescinded their offer of protection and they quickly went "away".

I was one of the first to be relocted. To update you, Riv., my eight children and I still love our residences. The privacy fenced, shared back yard would be the envy of any who take part in plural marriage. And the white van with darkened windows has made all the difference in getting our brood to and from school and outings.

Now she has been promoted to supervising the relocators, she will be passing the torch to another. All the best to you, Riv!
LOL...nice imagination, HIF. I commend you on your creativity.

Old 01-14-2009, 01:18 AM

2,485 posts, read 2,566,327 times
k, my turn,

thanks, Riveree! In my short time here I can already appreciate all the good work you did. Hope things don't change too much in the new regime. Good luck!

Old 01-14-2009, 06:04 AM

13,326 posts, read 30,316,136 times
Riv
Sorry to see you step down, you're a great mod.
Hope to still see you around, though!

Old 01-14-2009, 10:30 AM

17 posts, read 24,822 times
As a newbie to this forum (actually any forum come to that) I am so glad you will still be around to share your info and ideas. I appreciate all you have contributed and wish you well in your new endeavours. It's been a privilege to be moderated by you!

Old 01-14-2009, 11:21 AM

17 posts, read 42,754 times
Smile Good luck and thank you!

We found a great neighborhood and school for our daughter, thanks to your wonderful advice. Priceless! Thanks a million!

Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 PM

549 posts, read 1,281,972 times
As an admin on two forums, and a mod on 3 others....I can attest to moderating being a difficult and time consuming job....it takes a good person to know when you can't give it as much time and effort as needed, and to step aside when that happens. Good for you and thanks for the efforts you've put into this forum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: