U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 03:16 PM

4,548 posts, read 13,518,446 times

Advertisements

Gradco2004 (a forum member) posted some great photos of Riverside, so to give you an idea of that area:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...ve-points.html

Here are some photos of San Marco:
Metro Jacksonville - Urban Neighborhoods: Touring San Marco
There was a nice thread about San Marco ...
http://www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...hoto-tour.html

Both the above would be "older" neighborhoods. (You'll see in the photos how nice those areas are!)

Southside could also be a consideration for you: newer subdivisions, close proximity to St Johns Town Center and Avenues Mall, about a 20 minute ride to the beach.

Orange Park and Fleming Island are between 25-30 minutes to Riverside, again newer subdivisions in an area of all the shopping you'd need (except a bookstore), approx. 35-40 minutes from the beach.

I'm not sure of the commute time from the Mandarin area or from the Julington Creek area, but I'm sure someone will chime in with info.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 08:43 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,266,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pthcmhoh View Post
Thank you for all your responses. I'll possibly be working on Riverside Ave with the zipcode of 32204. Does anyone have any recommendation of where I should concentrate as far as living goes and where I should stay away from. Of course, I don't want too much of a commute but also be close to a nice beach.
Are you kidding me??? That is the best zip code in Jacksonville!!!! Hands down! Post Street, College Street, Park Street, Forbes Street, anything parallel to these streets is good.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:47 AM

31 posts, read 126,979 times
Thanks again for everyone contributing to this thread. Please continue to contribute as I check on it daily.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:11 AM

16,719 posts, read 16,495,488 times
Would also mention that homes in ATL wuill be at least double to triple the cost of a similar home in Jax, and you are on top of each other in ATL. Not so in a lot of parts in Jax.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM

263 posts, read 525,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Would also mention that homes in ATL wuill be at least double to triple the cost of a similar home in Jax, and you are on top of each other in ATL. Not so in a lot of parts in Jax.

This is incorrect.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:44 PM

2,507 posts, read 5,682,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooring Footers View Post
This is incorrect.
Agree, he must have meant to say the opposite.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:31 PM

263 posts, read 525,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Agree, he must have meant to say the opposite.

Maybe that's it. Houses in Atlanta are not only (imo) better priced, but you also get more land and house for the money. Houses are piled on top of eachother throughout FL, but not Atl. Not to say that there arent any like that in Atl, but not quite like big developments here in FL.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:01 AM

531 posts, read 1,330,510 times
The older home in fla have alot or more land. Not so with the newer developments. The newer developments in ATL as far as I can see are close together also. The older homes though have more land.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:52 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,400,870 times
Quote:
Hello community,

I'm considering of moving my family from ATL, GA to Jacksonville, FL. Why? Reason is because of a possible job offer and I enjoy going to the beach.
Everybody has a set of criteria when they are looking to relocate. High on my list has always been how far will I have to drive to the nearest beach.
Looks like the OP and I have this in common. Case closed.

Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 PM
3VP

9 posts, read 15,579 times
Default live and commute

Quote:
I would like my maximum length of commute to be hopefully no more than 30 minutes. I would prefer new subdivision but older is okay as well. I just want to be in a safe neighborhood. I would also like to be very close to shopping centers and grocery markets (10-15 mins.).

If you like histiorical districts then the Riverside area will put you really close to your work. The area has seen alot of restoration in the past several years and the more I go through there the more attractive I find it to be. The area hosts most of the art community and has a large population of young folks who attend the local colleges.

If this does'nt suit your tastes, then to the south there is Orange Park. O.P. is about 30 min commute to Riverside in rush hour traffic, but if you leave a little earlier or later(depending on your schedule)Then you should expect no more than 15 min commute. This area is nice, very low crime rate (mostly minor offences), good schools, The majority of the nieghbor hoods are approx. 30-35 yrs old. Where I live there are 2 elementary, 1 junior high, 1 high school and a private school with in 5 to 15 min. walking distance. All shoping and such is within 10-15 min.drive distance.

If you like newer nieghborhoods then a little further south there is Flemming Island. This cummunity was built with all eminities within 5-10 min. drive, and would put you 30-45 min from Riverside. This is a very nice area if you are looking for a since of community. They need more schools, as alot of the
elementary and junior high kids attend school in O.P.,
hope you find this usefull!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville