Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 12:18 AM

10 posts, read 25,143 times

Advertisements

Orange park is a joke, I live off wells road. When my lease is over, i'm not going to live here. Southside isnt small, don't get it wrong there is A LOT of people on the southside. Very diverse
there are bosnians, albanians, russians, serbians, croatians, asians [all countries] also every country from europe has mini areas, there are africans[from africa] it's a great area. Orange park in general
is VERY RACIAL, green cove springs, middleburg, all those areas are VERY RACIAL, you will see
trucks with rebel flags all over. Stay away from this area. Again I LIVE HERE & WOULD KNOW! Email me and I will go make some videos for you tomorrow! =]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:12 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosnianmane View Post
Orange park is a joke, I live off wells road. When my lease is over, i'm not going to live here.
Off of Wells Road is one of those parts of Orange Park I would avoid. There's a fair amount of crime there. I echo what others have stated here: Fleming Island, Oakleaf Plantation, Eagle Harbor areas are the best parts of Orange Park.

Quote:
Southside isnt small, don't get it wrong there is A LOT of people on the southside. Very diverse
there are bosnians, albanians, russians, serbians, croatians, asians [all countries] also every country from europe has mini areas, there are africans[from africa] it's a great area.
I don't know where else Africans would come from other than Africa, so if you could enlighten us, that would be awesome!

Funny...I've seen Albanias, Russians, Greeks, Asians, Latinos, Australians, French, and Africans (presumably from Africa) all over Clay County, many of whom I've had the privilege of befriending, working with, or otherwise conversing with, and they seem to love it here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Quote:
you will see trucks with rebel flags all over.
I don't know how to break this to you, Magellan, but in case you haven't consulted a map or road atlas, you live in the South!

Quote:
Stay away from this area. Again I LIVE HERE & WOULD KNOW!
I also live here (although not in the crappy part that you live in), and I don't know what the h#ll you're talking about.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Originally we were thinking about renting an apartment in the Orange Park area, but are very glad that we found one in the Baymeadows/Southside streets area. Orange Park is a fine area for some folks, but we just didn't think to highly of it while driving around in some of it. Now, the Fleming Island area is very nice, but just too far from downtown Jax (for us). We wanted more of an "upscale" area and that is why we chose here, right down the street from The Avenues. We definitely like it here and like it even more since the new Wal Mart opened here!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM

1 posts, read 5,335 times
My wife and I are also thinking of the Baymeadows area to live in. Could you tell me more about it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. We are from Cincinnati and plan to move in 2010 and would need to find jobs and an apartment.She is a school bus driver with her cdl and i am a cook. We plan to visit in june 09 to scope out the land so to speak and get a feel for the city. Thanks for your help!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 09:38 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwn View Post
My wife and I are also thinking of the Baymeadows area to live in. Could you tell me more about it. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. We are from Cincinnati and plan to move in 2010 and would need to find jobs and an apartment.She is a school bus driver with her cdl and i am a cook. We plan to visit in june 09 to scope out the land so to speak and get a feel for the city. Thanks for your help!!!
You should probably start a new thread for this. You'll get better responses and future readers will find it easier to search for.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 AM

60 posts, read 314,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
We wanted more of an "upscale" area and that is why we chose here, right down the street from The Avenues. We definitely like it here and like it even more since the new Wal Mart opened here!!
And nothing says "upscale" quite like a brand spanking new Wal Mart!

Old 06-03-2009, 10:42 AM

31 posts, read 70,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmutley View Post
That, jr, is fuuunnnnnny!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:01 PM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmutley View Post
Dude, that was awesome!

Old 06-12-2009, 11:03 PM

10 posts, read 25,143 times
Default title removed by mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
Off of Wells Road is one of those parts of Orange Park I would avoid. There's a fair amount of crime there. I echo what others have stated here: Fleming Island, Oakleaf Plantation, Eagle Harbor areas are the best parts of Orange Park.

I don't know where else Africans would come from other than Africa, so if you could enlighten us, that would be awesome!

Funny...I've seen Albanias, Russians, Greeks, Asians, Latinos, Australians, French, and Africans (presumably from Africa) all over Clay County, many of whom I've had the privilege of befriending, working with, or otherwise conversing with, and they seem to love it here. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I don't know how to break this to you, Magellan, but in case you haven't consulted a map or road atlas, you live in the South!

I also live here (although not in the crappy part that you live in), and I don't know what the h#ll you're talking about.

Black people in america arent from africa for one, they are american. There are a ton of Ethiopians & kenyans off powers avenue & there arent
really that many europeans in orange park. I know 1 family from albania
2 lithuanian families, 1 russian family. As for all over clay county, come on dude. Middleburg, green cove springs & orange park isnt as diverse as you're making it to be. Wells road doesnt have crime either, it's not totally bad just overall orange park sucks. I lived in Flemming island as well, nothing going on over there.

Moderator cut: unnecessary

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-13-2009 at 01:30 PM..

Old 06-13-2009, 08:07 AM

924 posts, read 2,604,105 times
Quote:
Black people in america arent from africa for one, they are american. There are a ton of Ethiopians & kenyans off powers avenue & there arent
really that many europeans in orange park. I know 1 family from albania
2 lithuanian families, 1 russian family. As for all over clay county, come on dude. Middleburg, green cove springs & orange park isnt as diverse as you're making it to be. Wells road doesnt have crime either, it's not totally bad just overall orange park sucks. I lived in Flemming island as well, nothing going on over there.
It seems like what you are looking for in a place to live is not what the average person or the OP is looking for... I just moved to Fleming Island from MD and love it here... You want to talk crime lets talk DC... My job has an office on Wells road and overall I didn't see anything there that looked very bad... Orange Park has affordable housing and access to lots of shopping and places to eat... What is so wrong with that? Plus the OP never mentioned anything about diversity I bet that they don't really care that there is only 1 albanian family in Orange Park...

Last edited by nancy thereader; 06-13-2009 at 01:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville