Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,386 times

Advertisements

First Coast news reports that there's evidence of sexual battery so there goes the consensual sex argument.....plus she said they chased her down the beach and two boys held her down. lovely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 04:07 PM

34 posts, read 97,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Kwilli, would it be possible to take DNA from everyone who attended the party? I assume they did a rape kit on the girl at Shands. I'm just wondering how seriously this all will be taken. Even the poster on the prior page called it something like a "youthful indiscretion".
rtt

Im sure that they did swabs at the rape crisis center. The odds are also good that a judge will order DNA testing for those unwilling to submit on their own.

DNA tests are very accurate but if everyone turns not a match then what. Would the mentality be they all used a condom that, was the original story in the Duke case. Running down the beach with condoms seems unlikely.

This is a bad situation at best. Sad to say falling down passing out drunk makes for a poor memory and a worse witness. On the other hand pointing out an innocent person because of beer goggles is just as bad.

There is a tremendous amount of investigation work needed in this case which I hope will be conducted in an impartial manner for the sake of both sides.

The news reported that the girls father said she was a house guest of the renter not of the partygoers. That appears to be a good place to start who is he how did she get drunk and where was he and what is his relationship with her.

Are there independent witnesses? Could the girl have wandered off and become the victim of others not at the party? Could one of the boys at the party be her regular boyfriend whom she got mad at? Is there any security video of the area? Everthing is close in that area did anyone hear screams for help? Was there physical evidence on the beach of a struggle? Shoe prints?

My concern again is for the victim, no matter how the axe falls. We just prove beyond a reasonable doubt on who the blame lies.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:23 PM

870 posts, read 2,178,984 times
Quote:
I ran into an acquaintance at the store today and she was asking about school and I told her we were (thankfully) no longer a Bolles family. She said she begged her husband to get her kids out but he wouldn't budge. She said they're older now and its too late.
No offense, but this struck me as a little "Stepfordish."

Old 06-09-2008, 04:33 PM

870 posts, read 2,178,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
. But it is also true that violence occurs at Paxon and Stanton regularly.
That is not true at all.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
I think that when private school kids are involved in these things its always mentionned. Look at Duke. People are going to be more interested because they're thinking, "these kids had all the benefits, all the perks in life. Things shouldn't be going this way for them" which is wrong, but its the way people think. If this happenned at some public high school graduation party in central Florida it probably wouldn't be newsworthy, unfortunately. Its that sort of "these kids should know better" mentality, right or wrong.
I agree, I think that's where the Bolles connection comes in, we expect more of these kids.

Most public schools have little to no focus on ethics, community service, etc., but schools like Bolles pride themselves on developing leaders for tomorrow and shaping these young people into being outstanding citizens.

Assuming the crime happened as it's being reported, the general public is going to be "shocked" that such a barbaric act came from such "well-regarded" young people.

Old 06-10-2008, 11:27 AM
rtt

There's a blog on the First coast news website about all of this. A family member of the victim has posted (on the last page) a bit of what they're going through. Needless to say she's pretty angry right now.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 AM
rtt

Press conference today at 10am. No charges on this, I hear.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:54 AM

34 posts, read 97,965 times
No evidence of penetration, no foreign DNA, no semen on clothes vagina or mouth, forty seven interviews and the only suspects passed a polygraph. (I wonder if the victim was given a polygraph) I am not Shorstein's biggest fan but at least we did not have another Duke Lacrosse Team fiasco.

As I said earlier we should wait for the investigation report before making accusations just because of class envy.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:07 AM
rtt

Gee, five people had to be subpeonaed to come in and talk to the police. That's not a class I'm envious of!

Old 07-31-2008, 04:23 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilli View Post
No evidence of penetration, no foreign DNA, no semen on clothes vagina or mouth, forty seven interviews and the only suspects passed a polygraph. (I wonder if the victim was given a polygraph) I am not Shorstein's biggest fan but at least we did not have another Duke Lacrosse Team fiasco.

As I said earlier we should wait for the investigation report before making accusations just because of class envy.
Has it been determined that nothing happened, or only that the evidence is not strong enough to make a case? Wasn't she in bad shape when she was found at the beach?

What about charges against the parents who served the alcohol?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville