Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:13 PM

870 posts, read 2,169,982 times

Advertisements

I won't be there after all this time.
Catch ya next time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 09:19 PM

2,558 posts, read 6,463,070 times
It was great to meet you folks tonight. Glad my wife was able to join us, too. She enjoyed the conversations, as well. Looking forward to next time!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:30 PM

90 posts, read 213,250 times
It was so nice to meet all of you. We had a great time and can't wait to see you all again next time! Thank you!

Old 06-20-2009, 06:11 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,921,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I won't be there after all this time.
Catch ya next time.
JagFan27 -- Bet your ears were burnin' because we were all asking about you - thankfully Sum1Else had checked the board before heading out and was aware you had posted. Yes indeed, next time!!

I concur with all -- a great time! I had no problem with over-eating this time either - one can't eat and talk at the same time (unless one breaks all rules of etiquette and talks with food in the mouth :-)

Definite record-setting gathering ... did I count 18 of us??? However, still room for more the next time!

Old 06-20-2009, 06:48 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,020,118 times
I also had a great time
It was so nice to meet all of the new folks

What a nice surprise to find out bon1234 & Mr bon 1234 & Sum1Else's mom and I are from the same area back up north
It was like a trip down memory lane being able to talk about the places we all had in common

Eric we are also glad you and your wife and your very cute "youngins" were able to join us

Jagfan we did miss you especially since your "ready for pizza" got it started , I am going to be in Mandarin 4 days next week I will send you a note to see if you want to meet for lunch one day

Yup mawipafl there were 18 a new record !!!
Can't wait for the next one which will be in July !!!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:24 AM

I have to say this was the first thing we've done that my daughter let herself enjoy. Last night she was already asking "when is the next one?" When I said next month, she replied "I think they should be once a week!" Thank you again for an experience that helped break the ice for her and let her see that she CAN have fun here!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:54 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,136,261 times
DS and I had a really good time. Karla, I hate to tell you this, but Bon's DD has now taken your place in my son's "she's hot" comment. LOL! Bon, next time I will bring my GD who is the same age as your daughter. Maybe some time this summer those of us with tweens and teens can have a get together at Dave & Busters.

Eric- so glad to meet you. I've really enjoyed reading your thoughtful real estate advice on here and know it must be so helpful to those seeking advice here in Jax (as well as me in my job). Let your wife know how much I enjoyed speaking with her. It always amazes me at these get togethers how much we all have to talk about- there are never any strangers at CD events- more like a reunion of friends. She will enjoy meeting jagsfan the next time- both are in the same profession.

lzzy- I'm sorry that I didn't get to speak to you- I was kidding as I was leaving that maybe we need to do something like speed dating- moving around the table! Since there is now a core group from Mandarin. Maybe a La Noplera/Mandarin get together is in order.... did someone say marguritas?!

Bon- tell DH that I have a load of clothes in the wash

Old 06-20-2009, 09:03 AM

HIF- Do you have to live in Mandarin to come to that!? If not, count me in! I was thinking the same thing! I can hear the margaritas calling! Can't wait for my DD to meet your GD.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:12 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,136,261 times
No, residency requirements do not apply- LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville