U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM

7 posts, read 17,747 times
Smile Cobblestone @ Eagle Harbor?

Hi I am thinking about moving to Cobblestone at Eagle Harbor. I love the condo they showed us...its the 2 bedroom/2 bath model downstairs. I have heard that they have a wierd set up with water and electric and that it is abnormally high. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was any truth to that and if it is a good place to live??

thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 07:18 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,762,518 times
I'm pretty sure Cobblestone is an apartment conversion condominium. So, it's possible they have common water usage, and then it's billed through your monthly association dues. Not sure how that would work with electric, but I doubt it's also a "common" service.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:12 PM

90 posts, read 131,588 times
I live at Cobblestone @Eagle Harbor. We moved in about 1 1/2 months ago and love it! We have an upstairs 2 bedroom unit. If you rent through the office you pay $48/mo added to your rent for water/sewer. Electric is in your own name and you pay Clay Electric directly. I know someone who is renting from an owner and she pays whatever her water bill is each quarter. Each unit, if owned, is billed seperately for water and electricity. Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions or DM me.

Old 08-06-2009, 02:27 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,762,518 times
Thanks for the clarification, bon1234.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:17 PM

7 posts, read 17,747 times
Thank you so much bon1234....we just signed the lease today so we will be moving in shortly. We are renting through an owner though and from what you posted it sounds like our water/sewer is going to be more that way. I signed up for the water to be connected today and there are some extra fees for it being associated with Eagle Harbor. I dont know if the person you know that does that knows more about those fees...they were kind of confusing to me when the lady at Clay Utilities was explaining them. We rented a 2bed/2bath downstairs unit...it is very nice, we are excited to move in. Is the electric pretty reasonable? thanks again!

Old 08-08-2009, 07:00 PM

31 posts, read 85,716 times
Default lovin it

Electric runs us about 110 per month with AC at 78. Moved into 2/2 downstairs two months ago. Love it. LOVE the community. welcome to the community.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:43 AM

Yes, welcome! As for the electric bill, I must be doing something wrong. We keep our AC set at 78 also and my electric bill was $220 last month. I don't know if it's because we are upstairs and heat rises so our AC works harder but, I have called Clay Electric to have them come do a survey to see what is going on. But, we do love the community and everything else about this place.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,371 times
Our electric bill was about the same in a 3/2 upstairs unit. However, now that we are in a downstairs unit, our bill is $150 at the most.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 AM

I figured that it had to be because we are upstairs and heat rises. Hopefully, that will pay off now with it being so cold out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville