Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 AM

6 posts, read 51,191 times

Advertisements

I am currently living in West Palm Beach Fl. I have been here for 5 years now and I`ve been having trouble finding a stable job. The jobs I have had last about 3 or 4 months then I get laid off. This has been going on with me for 5 years on and off. They make up excuses for the layoffs and I`m tired of it. I HATE THIS PLACE!! I`m looking to relocate back to Atlanta GA. I lived there for 5 years and LOVED IT! I lived in South Fl before that and lived there for 15 years and hated it. It`s always TOO HOT in the winter and I can`t stand the people here and it`s TOO BORING. I came back here to be with family for a while. Now i`m ready to go back. I know the economy is bad everywhere. Buy I still believe the job market it better there then is is here. Can anyone tell me the real truth about that city now in 2010? I want to know if any major changes were made about the job market, schools, cost of living, average salaries, neighborhoods, nightlife and crime. I am 44 years old I am married & have step sons. Does anyone know about any job leads? I`m interested in a job either working as a Home Health Aide, sales, customer service, hospitality or the Electronic field, light industrial or even in the IT field I am A+ certified by trade but like I said I`m looking for the above fields Please advise me I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Kizzoom; 05-05-2010 at 07:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2010, 07:22 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzoom View Post
I am currently living in West Palm Beach Fl. I have been here for 5 years now and I`ve been having trouble finding a stable job. The jobs I have had last about 3 or 4 months then I get laid off. This has been going on with me for 5 years on and off. They make up excuses for the layoffs and I`m tired of it. I HATE THIS PLACE!! I`m looking to relocate back to Atlanta GA. I lived there for 5 years and LOVED IT! I lived in South Fl before that and lived there for 15 years and hated it. It`s always TOO HOT in the winter and I can`t stand the people here and it`s TOO BORING. I came back here to be with family for a while. Now i`m ready to go back. I know the economy is bad everywhere. Buy I still believe the job market it better there then is is here. Can anyone tell me the real truth about that city now in 2010? I want to know if any major changes were made about the job market, schools, cost of living, average salaries, neighborhoods, nightlife and crime. I am 44 years old I am married & have step sons. Does anyone know about any job leads? I`m interested in a job either working as a Home Health Aide, sales, customer service, hospitality or the Electronic field, light industrial or even in the IT field I am A+ certified by trade but like I said I`m looking for the above fields Please advise me I would really appreciate it.
From reading the above it seems to me that you meant to post this in the Atlanta GA forum.

Old 05-06-2010, 09:28 PM

14 posts, read 23,454 times
Default Downtown's smell!!!!!!

I was surprised to read

"......Years and years ago we used to get the stink from the paper mills but we haven't had that smell in decades. Sounds like someone just has a chip on their shoulder about Jax for some reason........."

and can only add that most large cities smell!! I'm not from Jax and drove thru just a couple of days ago and an odor was noticeable. Though I've not driven by any other large city in Fl on this trip and thus can't say if it's more noticeable than any other car choked metropolis!

Old 05-07-2010, 07:01 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
huh?

Old 05-07-2010, 07:49 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,735,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djbendintheroad View Post
I'm not from Jax and drove thru just a couple of days ago and an odor was noticeable. Though I've not driven by any other large city in Fl on this trip and thus can't say if it's more noticeable than any other car choked metropolis!
I think you need an oil change or some air fresheners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville