Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 11:58 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,006,511 times

Advertisements

The Preserve is under threat from development. The developer who sold the land now wants to put 1,400 homes on 400 acres of beautiful pristine nature preserve. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN !!!!!

Stop and fight the greed of these developers by meeting on July 14, 2018.

Many on here post regarding the overdevelopment in the St Johns County Area....its now time to fight back and let our voices be heard, unless of course you want urban sprawl and overdevelopment as well as environmental damage . Anyone want CR 210 to become another Blanding Boulevard.

Please see link below. Tell your friends and family and hope to see you there....

Save Julington Preserve Public Rally » Events » St. Johns Riverkeeper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2018, 06:26 AM

9,395 posts, read 8,363,704 times
I'm totally on board with opposing this and have already voiced my concern to the County re: this and yet another....ANOTHER.....development being proposed on the Longleaf/Veterans corner across from Creekside High School.

We will be Clay County/Orange Park before long. It's inevitable.

Old 06-14-2018, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I'm totally on board with opposing this and have already voiced my concern to the County re: this and yet another....ANOTHER.....development being proposed on the Longleaf/Veterans corner across from Creekside High School.

We will be Clay County/Orange Park before long. It's inevitable.
Not only the project you mentioned but don’t forget the SilverLeaf development which will occupy the area between CR 210 and SR 16 ( about 10 miles between these two roads ) along an expanded St Johns Parkway which currently ends near CR 210 will be extended all the way down to SR 16.

In addition, I see signs for a “Shopping Center Coming Soon” at the northwest corner of CR 210and St Johns Parkway ( opposite the Walgreens ). And another area with cut trees on the south side of 210 just east of St Johns Parkway. I’d like to know who will be paying for the expansion of 210 from 4 lanes to 6 lanes since that is what will be needed with all these greedy crooks giving out building permits like candy.

I know 2 of the 5 county commissioner seats are up for re-election this year...vote these scumbags out

Please tell your friends and neighbors about this rally. Please post on whatever social media platforms you have... and let’s fight back !!!

Old 06-15-2018, 07:35 AM

319 posts, read 361,186 times
As we're considering a move to SJ it's good to see people coming together there to oppose over-development. Something sorely missing here in upstate NY.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:56 AM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Translation: We've moved to NSJ & got ours. How dare someone provide an opportunity for more people to get some as well?

Noe of you realize if it wasn't for someone else's "greed", you wouldn't be living where you are, and most likely, not hold the jobs you hold (or held, if retired).

Old 06-15-2018, 01:20 PM

1,560 posts, read 2,151,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post
Translation: We've moved to NSJ & got ours. How dare someone provide an opportunity for more people to get some as well?

Noe of you realize if it wasn't for someone else's "greed", you wouldn't be living where you are, and most likely, not hold the jobs you hold (or held, if retired).
I actually agree with you since we likely contributed to the problem when we moved down here from NJ. We did buy an existing home in PVB which was built in the 90's and can work remotely from anywhere in the country so it wasn't so much that an opportunity presented itself here in Jax/PVB area. We wanted an outdoor/warmer lifestyle, lower cost of living and have relatives here so it all made sense.

I'm ok with development as long as these builders and county commissioners address the need for improved/new infrastructure to support the population growth. It's still not as bad as it is up north but I can see it getting out of control in the very near future. Beachwalk concept is a bit ridiculous but whatever, it's not for me and some people may actually like it, who the hell knows... I'm happy as long as they don't clog up Palm Valley Rd..

Old 06-15-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
As we're considering a move to SJ it's good to see people coming together there to oppose over-development. Something sorely missing here in upstate NY.

I moved to NE Florida from the Hudson valley, and I know all too well what unregulated , excessive development can do to a community... thank you for looking into the info I provided. Hope to see you there

Old 06-16-2018, 08:18 AM

9,395 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 843904 View Post

Lol, I agree with this to a certain extent.....for the people who have moved here in the past year or two. However, since we moved here in 2014 the growth that has occurred in terms of new housing has far outpaced the infrastructure and, more importantly, the schools. The County Commissioners seem to have heard their resident's concerns and are now requiring many of these developments to at least share in the cost for infrastructure build-out *prior* to the new homes being built, but it may be too little, too late.

I have lost track of the new developments that have gone in or are slated to go in just in the last 4 years, I'll try:

Durbin Crossing (hundreds of new smaller homes, thousands of townhomes)
Julington Lakes
Oakridge Landing
Durbin Estates
Shearwater
Beachwalk
Silverleaf
Aberdeen (add'l homes plus more townhomes/condos planned)
Celestina
Rivertown
Markland
Reserve @ Greenbrier
Twincreeks
Heritage Oaks
Palencia
Oxford Estates
Nocatee (still going!)

Actually, I give up. I am missing dozens more here, I simply cannot keep track any longer. We have portable trailers in our brand new K-8 school here if that is any indication on how poorly planned this growth has been.

I'm all in favor of intelligent, thoughtful growth. I love the fact we are getting a new shopping center in the area. I just think it needs to slow down a bit.

This post is also talking about an area that is preserve. I don't want to lose the remaining green space, especially not areas such as this which should be left alone.

Old 06-17-2018, 10:39 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
The Preserve is under threat from development. The developer who sold the land now wants to put 1,400 homes on 400 acres of beautiful pristine nature preserve. DONT LET THIS HAPPEN !!!!!

Stop and fight the greed of these developers by meeting on July 14, 2018.

Many on here post regarding the overdevelopment in the St Johns County Area....its now time to fight back and let our voices be heard, unless of course you want urban sprawl and overdevelopment as well as environmental damage . Anyone want CR 210 to become another Blanding Boulevard.

Please see link below. Tell your friends and family and hope to see you there....

Save Julington Preserve Public Rally » Events » St. Johns Riverkeeper
I wish you the best of luck. We had to leave Nassau County for just this very reason. It's unconscionable what developers are doing. Our friends there are still fighting, but money seems to be winning out. I hope it's not the same for you guys.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I wish you the best of luck. We had to leave Nassau County for just this very reason. It's unconscionable what developers are doing. Our friends there are still fighting, but money seems to be winning out. I hope it's not the same for you guys.
Where do you relocate to if you don’t mind me asking ?

I’m not saying no to growth, but let’s plan better. A family moving in will use up more services then they pay in taxes.....plus the infrastructure needs to be upgraded....you just won’t be able to have 210 as a 4 lane highway anymore,,,

Just plan better...what’s the rush ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville