Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 07:40 PM

8 posts, read 54,459 times

Advertisements

Well we had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack today...

My Wife got the crab cake burger and it was very good. I got the crispy fish sandwich (NO GROUPER!)and it was OK. We ate out on the deck and it had a very "beachy" atmosphere... Most people were in their bathing suits.

I'd go back but not anytime soon... There are too many other places to try!

Keep the tips coming!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2007, 09:29 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Dave7/11, or anyone else who's been to Joe's Crab Shack:

Were there a lot of kids there? A friend of ours brings her kids there...I think there's a playground or something? Is it okay for just adults, or would there be kids running all over the place?

Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Just had breakfast at Truffles in Mandarin. I adn't been there in a couple of years- last time I went there were flies in the food cases.

Great breakfast and the pastries inside- gotta try them out sometime.

I know someone mentioned them on this thread and glad I gave it another try! I will definately be back.

Old 05-06-2007, 12:06 PM

8 posts, read 54,459 times
Tons of kids.... we had the pleasure of sitting next to screaming one.

Old 05-06-2007, 07:56 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave7/11 View Post
Tons of kids.... we had the pleasure of sitting next to screaming one.
Yeah, that was my concern with the place...thanks for letting me know!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:22 PM

53 posts, read 211,032 times
Default need to update City Search Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
Yeah I guess i shoulda come out and just said greek food. I have heard of Hala cafe, and if I ever need middle eastern groceries (i.e. hummus, good pita, pine nuts, etc.) then that's the place! The best hookah bar in town is casbah. I have friends from all over town that come to the casbah on a regular basis. It has gotten so popular I only see "beautiful" and definitely young people there nowadays, but they have belly dancing, good music, inside or outside seating, good food, good desserts though biscotti's is a block away, and hot waitresses. The hookahs are good too, and this place has also been around. I have tried Sahara's on Beach and hookahs at the beach and they just arent the same. What kind of food can you buy from Hala Cafe and is it expensive?

Why do I always have some rebuttal for somebody else's good eats? I am not quite sure myself, but it is hard for me to picture anything much better than what I have right in front of me in Ortega, Avondale, Riverside, and San Marco. By the way, we need to get on city-search: Jacksonville and update EVERYTHING, the site is not good for those who are searching for Jacksonville. All the best burger places are fast food? Don't think so, we have graduated by now, I think. Plush and Club Paris arent even listed on the nigtlife section. Neither is Ocean Club. Hotels, forget about most of the major downtown hotels, they are not included either!
Hi,
I agree with jsimms3. The City Search Jacksonville website needs to be updated. I tried to find some information about the area using that page and did not find any accurate results. I will be moving to Jacksonville Beach in September and wanted to know about the hair salons in the beaches. By good I mean, contemporary, modern, updated, good stylists, hair salons. I am a hairstylist and will need to find a job in the beaches area. So if any of you out there can recommend any hair salons, please do so. Thanks! It will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:59 PM

1 posts, read 3,107 times
Beachside seafood and sandwich shop has the best grouper sandwich... it is in jax beach off 3rd street. It is not upscale but great food.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:22 PM

100 posts, read 352,123 times
Here I go sing Georgia praises again!!

Try Langs Seafood in St. Marys, Georgia. They do a very good blackened grouper sandwich at reasonable prices. They sit on the St. Marys river with a good view of Cumberland Island.

Wednesday night is all you can eat rock shrimp. Thursday is all you can eat regular shrimp (and they are the pick fat ones) Thursday is my favorite!! Friday is all you can eat crab legs--my husbands favorite. Saturdays is all you can eat peel and eat shrimp. Of course you can always order off the regular menu as well.

The Lang family owns the shrimp fleet up here so they do a pretty good job with it. They are not open on Sundays and I think they have a wine/beer license.

Also, Trolley's across the street does a good grouper sandwich. It is more of a sports bar type with a nice balcony and view but my fav is still Langs.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:50 PM

895 posts, read 4,247,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Dave7/11, or anyone else who's been to Joe's Crab Shack:

Were there a lot of kids there? A friend of ours brings her kids there...I think there's a playground or something? Is it okay for just adults, or would there be kids running all over the place?
We go all the time, with and without our 4 rugrats, and it's hit or miss. I think it depends on the time of day. I've been there on a weekend during the height of dinner hour and it's been loud and stressful. I've also been there around 6 on a weeknight and it's been quiet and peaceful. And yes, they have a fenced in sanded play area for the kids while you're waiting for your table and your meal. My husband usually gets a beer and just stands on the steps nursing it while our kids play and I sit at the table enjoying the solitude. Service there is also hit or miss. We've had better service on a weeknight versus a weekend.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:19 PM

9 posts, read 85,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
Hala Cafe is really good for middle eastern, jsimms. I guess that's a bit different than mediteranean?

They've been on University Blvd for a long time - just east of I95 (Sin City area).

There's a second location on St. Augustine Road just east of the San Jose Blvd intersection...across from the Starbucks.

I like that you can eat in, take out and even shop for ethnic groceries there.
I worked here. Appalonia Cafe. It was really the first time i had greek food. I must say the food is really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville