Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 02:40 AM

627 posts, read 1,291,007 times

Advertisements

I went on their site.

It's beautiful and I will be there often.

I sent them an email this week and they have not replied... It's ok as I understand that it's a busy place.

Maybe some of you might be able to share.

I am wondering if I will be able to buy grains and legumes there. Things like beans, rice, nuts... bulk or otherwise.

Also, do they have Tropical vegetables like Taro, Cassava(Yuca) and the like? I can usually find this type of veggie from the Asian Markets and the Spanish Grocery Stores. If I can find it in one place, I would definitely be happy with that... who wouldn't?

I saw that they bring in Mayport Seafood too! This is great!

Do they have the Salted Dried Cod?

What variety of Mushrooms? I love'em all!

I hope I'm not pushing it too much with all the questions.

I read somewhere that calls are rarely answered due to the hustle and bustle.

So, any regulars care to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 11:01 AM

78 posts, read 242,334 times
There is at least one vendor who has a bunch of 'ethnic' stuff, a good portion of which I did not recognize. I do remember seeing yucca and taro, but no rice. I think someone sells huge bags of raw peanuts.

Has anyone purchased any of the seafood? I'm kinda skittish on buying seafood out of a cooler in someone's truck...

Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM

Thank you Miss Nic!

Some Asian cultures share similarities with Hispanic/Latino cultures. I have eaten in Asian and Latino/Creole(aka Criollo) places and they each have their emphasis but the staples seem to be similar.

I do not eat shelled crustaceans - only fish that have Fins AND Scales. I am allergic to shellfish and I just don't like how they look

I would like to think they get their fish daily so as long as they are selling out daily, I have no problem buying from the coolers.

In inner cities, fish and seafood markets have their products sitting in ice for a week and beyond!!

In NY, I took trips out to City Island or even Sheepshead Bay to buy fish from the boats.

Thanks for your input

Old 10-20-2009, 06:56 AM

754 posts, read 2,803,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
I sent them an email this week and they have not replied...
You probably made the mistake of sending it in English.

Seriously, I love the Farmers Market. Great stuff, awesome prices, nice people.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM

859 posts, read 3,604,638 times
Just go there and check out the place Sensei Han, I doubt anyone's maintaining their websites that much. Everyone's selling difference stuffs and changes day to day. But I think seafood vendors are not at the same place as fruits/produce?

Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 AM

Joninclay - What language should I have sent it in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingfood View Post
Just go there and check out the place Sensei Han, I doubt anyone's maintaining their websites that much. Everyone's selling difference stuffs and changes day to day. But I think seafood vendors are not at the same place as fruits/produce?
I wish I could but I have not moved to Jax yet

I live in... PHILLY

Old 10-20-2009, 12:11 PM

754 posts, read 2,803,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensei Han View Post
Joninclay - What language should I have sent it in?
That's the joke I was intending: very few of the merchants there are American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville