Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM

432 posts, read 1,309,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brie85 View Post
Thank you for pointing this out! I have never heard of CDD fees. And I must admit, the more I learn about them the less I like them. Are there nice areas within St. Johns County that don't have HOAs or CDDs?
we weren't sure we'd like them either, but after all was said and done and we added up the cost of joining other places like a pool/ymca/gym or whatever we wanted it was going to even out to be about the same we spent on the cdd fees....plus gas......and when we coupled that in with the fact that we would drive to those places we wondered if we would use them as much as we do here because we can walk to them?

It's tough.....good luck!

amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,487 times
parks... he posted a LINK. haha.

Old 10-28-2009, 12:09 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
I'm fine with the CCD fees we pay in the Julington Creek too. i have no idea what a gym membership and pool would cost us, but it can't be toomuch difference.

FYI, since CCD fees are considered part of your property tax, you can deduct them when you file federal taxes.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:41 PM

353 posts, read 1,149,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
FYI, since CCD fees are considered part of your property tax, you can deduct them when you file federal taxes.

Not true. While many do lump them in and get away with it, both idividuals filing themselves and some tax preparers, it IS NOT considered part of your taxes and is not specifically tax deducatable. Please don't be misinformed on this. I have discussed this with a friend who is a tax attorney and he told me while many do file like this and do get away with it a mojority if the time,please be aware that there is some risk involved. Some people have been called on it by the IRS and in the end IT IS NOT DEDUCTABLE.

Again. I know many do it and get away with it, but please know that they are not considered the same as property taxes.

That said, if i was paying them I would claim them as well and take the chance. I just don't want someone being misinformed.

RR

Old 10-29-2009, 07:48 AM

432 posts, read 1,309,486 times
I was also told you can't deduct the CDD fees, but that alot of people do........

amy

Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1v3rRat View Post
Not true. While many do lump them in and get away with it, both idividuals filing themselves and some tax preparers, it IS NOT considered part of your taxes and is not specifically tax deducatable. Please don't be misinformed on this. I have discussed this with a friend who is a tax attorney and he told me while many do file like this and do get away with it a mojority if the time,please be aware that there is some risk involved. Some people have been called on it by the IRS and in the end IT IS NOT DEDUCTABLE.

Again. I know many do it and get away with it, but please know that they are not considered the same as property taxes.

That said, if i was paying them I would claim them as well and take the chance. I just don't want someone being misinformed.

RR
I appreciate that. I will take a look at the code closer to tax time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville