Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 02:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,227 times

Advertisements

I'm 17 and I'm engaged to be married this December (I'll be 18 by then). I currently live in Orlando but my future husband and I are looking to move closer to his family in Jacksonville. The only problem is, I don't live with my parents, my older sister is my gaurdian (we barley speak or see eachother seeing as she moved out) and she refuses to co-sign for a credit card so I can start to build up credit. Do any of you know of places that might allow me to pay 3 or 4 mounths rent up frount regardless of my situation? I'm thinking places in Duvall county would let us... but I really wouldn't be looking forward to that experience. I'm looking for somewhere near the mathews bridge, by university and arlington. ---- thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 06:07 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
What is your fiance's situation? Is he employed in Jacksonville already? If either of you can prove employment (show pay stubs), that will be a big help.

A landlord will probably be more interested in your ability to pay over the term of the lease...paying a few months up front will not assure them that you can pay anything beyond those few months, so employment will be key.

Rents are expensive in Jax too. Is there any possibility that your fiance's family will let you live with them for a bit while you get established? You could pay them some rent (it's only fair to do so) and establish a job here, begin building credit, etc.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 PM
SKB

900 posts, read 3,498,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borquiabeautiful View Post
I'm 17 and I'm engaged to be married this December (I'll be 18 by then). I currently live in Orlando but my future husband and I are looking to move closer to his family in Jacksonville. The only problem is, I don't live with my parents, my older sister is my gaurdian (we barley speak or see eachother seeing as she moved out) and she refuses to co-sign for a credit card so I can start to build up credit. Do any of you know of places that might allow me to pay 3 or 4 mounths rent up frount regardless of my situation? I'm thinking places in Duvall county would let us... but I really wouldn't be looking forward to that experience. I'm looking for somewhere near the mathews bridge, by university and arlington. ---- thanks
Your sister is wise to not co-sign, a persons credit should be taken very seriously. Bad credit stays for seven years on a report, so why should she or any person take a risk like that. There are other ways to build your own credit history without risking someone else's in the process.

Get yourself a secured credit card to start building up your credit scores.
Try one of the numerous sub-prime credit card issuers. Also it is quite easy to get a store credit card.

It will take many months of solid repayment history with NO LATE PAYMENTS EVER to get your credit history started.

Old 05-21-2007, 08:49 AM

33 posts, read 103,696 times
well until you turn 18 no one is going to give you credit of any type because your not of age. but the day you turn 18 atleast apply & get you a capitol 1 credit card. they start you off with 300$ credit limit. not alot but atleast you have a credit card & it is a start. and no credit is as bad as bad credit. go to badcocks and buy something small easy to pay off they build your credit as well unlike rent to own places. and your young like i was im 39 now and wishhhh someone would have warned me about credit GUARD IT WITH YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!!! When i turned 18 and got credit cards offered i went friggin nuts and regretted it VERY much when i REALLY needed it. Especialy if you plan to one day have kids you will need it. and not to be negative but there is NO promise of tomorrow. your man can God forbid die and defently can leave ya and youll need that crediit to keep you ahead just keep that in the back of your mind. good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville