Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:11 AM

530 posts, read 1,460,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonceltz View Post
I lived in Jacksonville for two years - the Jaguars have a stunningly bad fanbase.

Ya dont say,,you know what though that last statement by NorthsideJacksonville is one for the books. Talk about contradiction at its best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 03:22 AM

530 posts, read 1,460,557 times
Also where are these $50 tickets? I sat in the 203 not shabby for the half pack. I paid $30 and this thread is really pointless because two poster or should I say imposters are not Jaguars fans. Real fans are upset but they dont carry on like a few on here.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:24 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith-n-Jax View Post
...and this thread is really pointless because two poster or should I say imposters are not Jaguars fans.
Blah, blah,...what's the word I'm looking for? Oh, right, now I remember...blah!

Keith, you are impervious to logic and reason. Good luck with that.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
Quote:
Face it the Saints Fans supported their team exactly. Also how long have the Saints been in the league. Only one team out of 32 is going to win the SB, so should the fans of those other teams should stay home and complain right. Then you say even though they were horrible their fans(Saints) stuck by them. Does anyone else see any logic in this statement? Especially when you stated nobody with sense would drop $50 to see the Jags,,hmmm I went to 8 games last season and only paid $30. You're right the Jags do have serious work to do, but not as much as you need
The difference was that the Saints got it together, Jags have yet to do so. You lost all credibility. I think you need to be a Jags male cheerleader. Clown Just because myself and jon have the good sense to expect more out of the Jags doesn't make us imposters. You already lost the argument with the imposter statement.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:19 PM

870 posts, read 2,179,813 times
Quote:
Also where are these $50 tickets? I sat in the 203 not shabby for the half pack. I paid $30 and this thread is really pointless because two poster or should I say imposters are not Jaguars fans. Real fans are upset but they dont carry on like a few on here.
I am the originator of this thread, and I take offense to your comment that this thread is pointless.

I want the NFL to keep a team in Jacksonville as I think it is economically healthy for our city. Others don't share the same opinion as I do, but that's OK. I am just trying to do my small part to keep the team in Jacksonville.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryde41 View Post
It may sound crazy to you but sometimes football is not about what is happening on the field. First investment, the city was given an identity, visible on national television. Secondly, we have players living in the city in big homes, paying big taxes. Thirdly, these players have contributed to the disadvantaged, Tony Bocelli- assisted with a park. Brunell opened a franchise, (put people to work). Fourth, the football coaches gathered at the Ponte Vedra Inn and poured out massive amounts of money to pay the mortgages of families with children with cancer so those parents could miss work to be with their sick children. Tom Coughlin's name is on most of the technology in the Wolfson Childrens Hospital. Those DVD's, play stations, and the supplies say "Tom Coughlin Fund". The Jaguars visit and donate to the city in so many ways that its humbling. When we have a game in the city, the visitors frequent the restaurants and hotels bringing in taxes. Those are a few I can think of at the moment.

:::::nod, nod, nod::::::

Old 03-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
What a naive statement.

If the product on the field was better, then people wouldn't think twice about dropping $50+/ticket. Look at all the empty seats over the last two years and tell me again how the product on the field isn't the driving factor of attendance.

Whether or not that should be the case isn't the point. The indisputable fact is that it's true.

Look, the "return on investment" analogy is a good one. Let's use your logic that stuff that happens in the community (Brunell's restaurants, Boselli's charity, etc.) should be a reason to buy tickets to watch a lousy product on the field:

Let's say you have a retirement account, and you invest primarily in Company X. Company X loses money hand over fist, so you're retirement account is dwindling in value every month. But hey, Company X does all kinds of great community work. Do you keep throwing your money into Company X?

Me: no. You: yes. Hey, more power to you. I just don't have that kind of money to burn growing on the tree in my front yard. I don't begrudge you that you do have that kind of disposable income.
Season tickets are not an investment in my budget. They are in my entertainment area. You don't want that type of entertainment, OK. Then don't budget for that.
Some people go to Vegas to gamble. They figure the money they lose was well spent as it was entertainment. That's not my idea of entertainment. (I lived in Las Vegas for three years and never gambled one time.) But, I'm not going to argue how people spend their entertainment budget portion.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryde41 View Post
Can't everyone make their arguments without saying "insane", "naive", "crazy" and such. We can disagree without calling each other names. Stick to the facts, morons. (j/k!)
I agree. The judgmental words need to stop.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:35 PM

804 posts, read 2,402,273 times
I hope LA poaches the Jag's it would be great for our reputation.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:49 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagFan27 View Post
I am the originator of this thread, and I take offense to your comment that this thread is pointless.

I want the NFL to keep a team in Jacksonville as I think it is economically healthy for our city. Others don't share the same opinion as I do, but that's OK. I am just trying to do my small part to keep the team in Jacksonville.
I agree with you in that the thread is not pointless.

I disagree with your implication that I don't share your opinion on what the Jaguars means to the city. If that's not what you were implying, then my mistake.

I do agree that the Jags have a huge economic impact to the community. I very much would love for them to stay here. So I do share that opinion with you.

Whether or not I want them to stay here so badly that I drop good money on watching a bad team is another story, though. But I think we've beaten that horse pretty dead by now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville