Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 04:30 PM

19 posts, read 62,178 times

Advertisements

I love Holder Johnson homes. We looked at those a few months ago. Unfortunately we had to move back to PA, but if we go back they are my first choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 05:22 PM

63 posts, read 215,205 times
We bought from Richmond American .. Moved in and very happy.. We bought in durbin north right off race track very close to shopping etc on race track..amenities are just as nice as JCP and you can buy new construction fir the same price if not lower than a resale .. We looked in JCP and everything we saw needed updating .. Do we bought new at an even better price and a lot if the builders have interest rate specials.. We got 4.5 on a 30 ye fixed .. Can't beat it with a stick!

Old 02-09-2010, 11:47 AM

27 posts, read 132,916 times
To the OP, we bought in JCP 3 years ago in the Oaks. It's one of the newest parts of JCP but the homes are still 7 years old or so. We have several friends that live in Durbin Crossing and we bike through there all the time since it's just across Racetrack. You can get a lot of home there and they are newer of course, but it's unfinished and in today's market it may stay that way for a while. My friends live at the end of a cul-de-sac with only two other homes and many unfinished lots with piles of dirt, etc surrounding them. Although they love their home, they miss their old neighborhood in JCP. The community centers are nice from what I've seen, but I play tennis and the Clay courts of JCP are hard to beat. It really just depends on whether you want an established community with older homes or one that's still in work and a brand new home. One thing I hate about the "in-work" communities is that they don't build the sidewalk along a lot until the lot is purchased and the home is built. You get a sidewalk that is basically a dashed line only paved at completed homes. It makes the whole thing useless until every single home is finished. Our friends at Murabella are in the same boat. It looks like it will be a while before they ever finish these developements.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 PM

77 posts, read 234,738 times
Our Chicago realtor strongly suggested - when we moved to FL - that we buy a 'used, executive' home for the addition of shutters, window treatments, water softener, knobs on cabinets, pool, landscaping, fencing, and other upgrades too numerous to mention, that new construction doesn't offer.

The appeal of a brand new home is almost irresistible for most people who come here from older cities with older homes with low ceilings and leaky windows.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:04 PM

63 posts, read 215,205 times
There is so much you can negotiate (sp) aka get them to throw in.. Fence.. Knobs etc. Right now when you build new.. We looked fir several months.. Used and new.. Just couldn't beat new right now.. Houses around us are going up like crazy.. We got upgrades galore! Still got an awesome price and an even better rate!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 AM

77 posts, read 234,738 times
Durbin Crossing has good deals and compares favorably against 7 year old homes in JCP.
If you have teenagers - they can drive to their friends' homes. If you are new to Jax, have a young family and need more neighbors - you may find of a sense of community in JCP more desirable.
However, I heartily agree on the lack of updating in JCP. We saw the same in Ponte Vedra on our first house hunting expedition to Jax, 7 years ago. Fuzzy baseboards, popped window seals, moldy exteriors - stuff you can fix, but the sellers didn't bother. That's how it is here.
We bought brand new in JCP (husband fell in love with 3 car garage). I found dealing with so many naked windows to be HIGHLY stressful & $$$$. We still don't have cabinet knobs and have way too much builder paint.
My advice: make the decision that is easiest on your wife. Moving is traumatic. It's a good deal if it's a good fit for you family.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,485 times
Default Hey new Neighbor!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaming323i View Post
Where did you buy? We were there this weekend looking at Holder Johnson and Providence Homes, we are looking at building in Crestwood Park...have you moved in yet? We will move in June from Charlotte, NC.
How funny to find you...We live in Crestwood Park and I think you viewed our Holder Johnson Home! We love Holder Johnson...Did you decide on which builder?

Old 02-28-2010, 06:57 PM

36 posts, read 112,975 times
Default Hi Laura!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurajax View Post
How funny to find you...We live in Crestwood Park and I think you viewed our Holder Johnson Home! We love Holder Johnson...Did you decide on which builder?
What a small world! Thank you for letting us view your beautiful home, after seeing your house and working with HJ and Cheryl we decided to build a Glendale on lot #3!! We are really excited about the house and being neighbors and I think Mark and Ethan will be great friends! In the end we really felt comfortable with HJ, their ethics and commitment to the customer. If you ever see Sean at the lot, please stop and say hello! We hope to move down in late June, I'll be sure to stop by and say hi!!

Louisa
beaming323i@hotmail.com

Old 05-09-2013, 08:53 PM

134 posts, read 522,644 times
Default Bought in Durbin Crossing

We bought a D.S. Ware in Durbin Crossing. So excited.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky08 View Post
We bought a D.S. Ware in Durbin Crossing. So excited.
I've never been on any forum where so many threads are brought to life after years of no responses. And somewhat randomly, I mean there's dozens of Durbin Crossing and/or DS Ware threads. Why pick this one? And just to say that. /boggle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville