Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 07:48 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times

Advertisements

I thought this might be a helpful article. I've always had good luck with Memorial.

Four NE Fla. hospitals get top grades - Jacksonville Business Journal:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,345,306 times
Pretty good scores. If we make it to Jacksonville, I guess my wife (RN) will be surrounded by some great hospitals.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:22 AM

402 posts, read 1,055,586 times
I am suprised Memorial made the list actually. I knew Baptist and Mayo should but memorial is a bit suprising.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks71 View Post
I am suprised Memorial made the list actually. I knew Baptist and Mayo should but memorial is a bit suprising.
My husband has had a couple of surgeries there and some outpatient work and it's always been a good experience. My only bad experience was with their Wound Center - it desperately needs updating.

I've had the opposite experience with Baptist downtown. My in-laws use that hospital exclusively and I've always found the rooms to be dirty...really gross .

Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 AM

402 posts, read 1,055,586 times
My wife works at Memorial and anything hospital related we have to go there so I am glad they are rated that high. Some of the equipment they use however is so outdated, they still use old school defibrillators where as most places have the automatic ones these days. They are renovating though so maybe they will update the stuff as they go.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:40 AM

107 posts, read 231,654 times
Quick question on this topic: where can I find a doctor (just a general practitioner or internist) whose business hours are beyond 5 p.m. on weekdays or is open on Saturdays? I don't need anything fancy just a doctor who can renew a couple of my routine prescriptions or just for regular checkups, etc. I'm new to town and have been to Baptist downtown (on Prudential) during the day which was ok but I can't find another time when I can go back there again on a weekday during business hours... so a small clinic or one of those "urgent care" centers that are open until 7 p.m. and/or weekends is perfect. I just want it to be clean and nice, and preferably near downtown area. Thanks for all the help!

Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parks71 View Post
My wife works at Memorial and anything hospital related we have to go there so I am glad they are rated that high. Some of the equipment they use however is so outdated, they still use old school defibrillators where as most places have the automatic ones these days. They are renovating though so maybe they will update the stuff as they go.
It's a big hospital, it seems to always be in a state of renovation/additions.

Since I first posted this, we landed in the ER (don't ask ). We ended up being put into their Express Care Center and it was very good. The actual ER waiting room is circa 1970 , but the Express Care Center was fully modern.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberGuy View Post
Quick question on this topic: where can I find a doctor (just a general practitioner or internist) whose business hours are beyond 5 p.m. on weekdays or is open on Saturdays? I don't need anything fancy just a doctor who can renew a couple of my routine prescriptions or just for regular checkups, etc. I'm new to town and have been to Baptist downtown (on Prudential) during the day which was ok but I can't find another time when I can go back there again on a weekday during business hours... so a small clinic or one of those "urgent care" centers that are open until 7 p.m. and/or weekends is perfect. I just want it to be clean and nice, and preferably near downtown area. Thanks for all the help!
CVS has their Minute Clinic. Call ahead though, not all CVS locations have an active Minute Clinic. There are also a few Solantics around the city.

There's a good Urgent Care clinic on San Jose Blvd, just south of Sunbeam Road (about 20 minutes or so south of downtown). I think the name is simply "Urgent Care" - there's a yellow sign and the building is brown.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
different hospitals are known for different things.

ex. If you need orthepedic or heart care then St. vincents hospital is the place to go

If you are having a baby then Bpatist hospital is the place to go

If you have serious trauma then Shands hospital is the place to go

If you are seeking cutting edge treatments then Mayo is the place to go.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:04 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Jax Q is exactly right. It just depends on what you are looking for in a hospital.

Fyi: Jacksonville is actively marketing itsef as a major medical destination now, "America's Health Center, in fact. Having numerous good general hospitals, 2 great children's hospitals, and the very exclusive medical facilities of Mayo and UF Proton Therapy Institute.....AND in location that has warm weather, beaches, natural resources, NFL, golf, etc.....that's rare.

Here is the a website: http://www.visitjacksonville.com/meeting-planners/medical-meetings/ (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville