U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-27-2007, 06:22 PM

119 posts, read 415,853 times
Smile rush hour on these roads?

Moving to Jax in August and very excited . For all of you familiar, I was wondering if you could rank traffic on these roads:

Southside Blvd
9A
JTB
Beach Blvd

thx,
smash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2007, 09:23 PM

8,204 posts, read 22,769,254 times
Hi Smash,

Rank the traffic......hmmm........

Well, 9A and Beach still have some significant construction going on, but that aside, this is my feeling on each of them:

***They all get busy at rush hour, obviously***

Southside Blvd: Lots of lights, lots of people coming on and off of Southside, lots of shopping and residential along it, always seems to be at least moderately busy, but it moves.

9A: Ahhhh! Pretty smooth sailing here. It's the newest, so it's been well thought out. It's almost completed. I use it a lot. Traffic is pretty light outside of rush hours (again, construction spots aside).

JTB: I use it less these days (other options), but it's okay. It's been recently widened, so that has helped.

Beach Blvd: Like Southside, lots of lights, lots of people coming on and off for the same reasons. It's being widened right now. I use this a lot and find no issues with it in off peak hours - it moves quite well outside of rush hour.

Really, none of the four are unbearable.

Good luck with your move and welcome!

Old 05-28-2007, 03:54 AM

17,713 posts, read 20,466,994 times
they are also putting in a new interchange at 9A & JTB so you do get some backup. But once this is done it will be smooth sailing.
Once you are here you will learn the shortcuts.
Kernam and Hodges which run N/S between Beach and JTB are both in the process of being widened it hasn't been a problem yet but could prove interesting.
Where will you traveling to and from ? We might be able to give you a few shortcuts.
Also sending you a early welcome.
Karla

Old 05-28-2007, 07:26 AM

119 posts, read 415,853 times
Not sure where I'll be coming from yet...will be going to Baymeadows at 95. Two possibilities on where I'll be coming from: San Marco (Jax native friends think it's wayyyy too far from the beach) or somewhere due north of where I'll work (baymeadows and 95), probably in the quadrant formed by the 4 roads I mentioned earlier. If I live near JTB/Southside/9A/Beach area, it looks like I would be close to beach, work, and downtown...but I will have to come visit pretty soon and see for myself!

thx for the input.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 PM

17,713 posts, read 20,466,994 times
smash731
Coming down to look is a great idea.
the 9A/baymeadows/jtb area has you right in the middle its 15 miles to downtown and 13 miles to the beach

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville