Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 12:47 PM

6 posts, read 18,880 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am moving into Heritage Landing in a couple weeks. Does anyone know who provides Cable TV and Internet access in the community?

Thanks,

Ed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlodarczyk View Post
Hi all,

I am moving into Heritage Landing in a couple weeks. Does anyone know who provides Cable TV and Internet access in the community?

Thanks,

Ed
Hi Ed
Former Huntingdon Valley girl here

Comcast is the major cable provider in this area.
Some neighborhoods also offer DSL.

a early welcome to Jax

karla

Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Hi Ed
Former Huntingdon Valley girl here

Comcast is the major cable provider in this area.
Some neighborhoods also offer DSL.

a early welcome to Jax

karla
Thanks Karla.

I've got Comcast up here in Warminster and was hoping to transfer service; it doesn't look as though they serve Heritage Landing though. Looks like Bell South DSL and Direct TV is the best I'll get in HL.

When did you move from Huntingdon Valley? I've got quite a few friends in that area, and I worked at Lower Moreland High for a couple years back in the '90's. I understand that there is a huge contingent of relocated Philly-area folks in Jax - Do you know if there is a place they meet for Eagles games?

Really looking forward to the move. Just a couple more weeks before I'm a true Floridian.

Take care,

Ed

Old 06-02-2007, 04:53 PM

16 posts, read 66,968 times
Ed
First welcome to the Landing. The Pool Slide is great.

I'v been living in the landing for over a year, started with cable from Bell South. It Sucked so bad went back to Direct TV and would never change again to cable.

I have Bell South DSL and have been very happy.

Cell phone service kind of sucks though. Had Verizon and have switched to Cingular and have a little better reception.

Andy

Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM

16 posts, read 66,968 times
Hey missed the Eagles fan part before. There is a place in Palm Coast that is a Eagles hang out called Famous Phillys. He's got like 40 TV's. Beer and wine no hard stuff. It's on Palm Coast parkway by the Ace hardware store.

The people down the street are from Philly area and one of my wifes friends is from there I'll have to ask if they know of anything closer for Game time.

Andy

Old 06-02-2007, 06:04 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheLanding View Post
Ed

I'v been living in the landing for over a year, started with cable from Bell South. It Sucked so bad went back to Direct TV and would never change again to cable.

Cell phone service kind of sucks though. Had Verizon and have switched to Cingular and have a little better reception.

Andy
what does the dsl cost you?

Old 06-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks Karla.

I've got Comcast up here in Warminster and was hoping to transfer service; it doesn't look as though they serve Heritage Landing though. Looks like Bell South DSL and Direct TV is the best I'll get in HL.

When did you move from Huntingdon Valley? I've got quite a few friends in that area, and I worked at Lower Moreland High for a couple years back in the '90's. I understand that there is a huge contingent of relocated Philly-area folks in Jax - Do you know if there is a place they meet for Eagles games?

Really looking forward to the move. Just a couple more weeks before I'm a true Floridian.

Take care,

Ed
Ed
I left in the early 80's. I graduated in 1975. I wonder if you know any of the teachers I had. My brothers now live in Doylestown so I usually fly up once a year.
There are a number of philly fans here, There is a bar over on Atlantic where they go to watch football and hockey. I will try to remember the name for you or make a call.
When we first moved to our neighborhood we had to use *gasp* dial up. We were the 10th house built and the cable wasn't in for another 6 months. I wonder if that is what is happening in HL. You might want to call Comcast and ask if they plan on having service there down the road before you sign a long term contract with Direct. I can't imagine them not tapping in (pun intended) on a large piece of business.

ok here is a question for you , do you remember Longintanos(sp) pizza?
There was one years in warminster then they opened one on pine rd & philmont ave in HV.

Karla

Old 06-03-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinInTheLanding View Post
Ed

Andy
Hi Andy,

Thanks for the info. Looks like Bell South and Direct TV is the way we have to go. Found the Bell South web site and we're playing with bundles and options. Do you have any problems with TV reception with Direct TV (weather and what not)? I've never used Satelite TV, but it can't be any worse than Comcast Cable up here.

We use Cingular for our cell service as well. Didn't have any problems during our previous trips down; even made and received several calls while looking at the house in HL and while walking around the neighborhood once we bought the house.

Definitely let me know more about Eagles fans in the area. My only previous trip to Jacksonville was for the Super Bowl when the Birds played the Pats. I bleed Eagle Green, and it will be great to have a contingent to join. Nothing against the Jags (Love the way they play 'D'), but will always be an Eagle fan.

Thanks for you help! Hope to meet you when I move in (just a couple weeks now!)

Take care,

Ed

Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfask View Post
Ed
I left in the early 80's. I graduated in 1975. I wonder if you know any of the teachers I had. My brothers now live in Doylestown so I usually fly up once a year.

ok here is a question for you , do you remember Longintanos(sp) pizza?
There was one years in warminster then they opened one on pine rd & philmont ave in HV.

Karla
Karla,

I'm a '74 Archbishop Ryan grad. I worked at Lower Moreland in the mid-'90's as an aide to Larry Leong and Jo Paskeviceous (sp) while working toward a teaching degree. Yeah, went back to school during my mid-life crisis.

Everybody knows Longhitano's. They were on Huntington Pike in Southampton for years, and are now on Street Road in Southampton. Great pizza and steaks! I haven't driven past Pine and Philmont since I left LMHS, so I don't know if they still have a franchise there.

Please let me know if you remember the name of the place to watch the Birds!

Thanks,

Ed

Old 06-03-2007, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Karla,

I'm a '74 Archbishop Ryan grad. I worked at Lower Moreland in the mid-'90's as an aide to Larry Leong and Jo Paskeviceous (sp) while working toward a teaching degree. Yeah, went back to school during my mid-life crisis.

Everybody knows Longhitano's. They were on Huntington Pike in Southampton for years, and are now on Street Road in Southampton. Great pizza and steaks! I haven't driven past Pine and Philmont since I left LMHS, so I don't know if they still have a franchise there.

Please let me know if you remember the name of the place to watch the Birds!

Thanks,

Ed
omg Mr Leong lol I remember him well, I had him senior year. I have a feeling he remembers me, we went on a trip to DC and well lets just say we found out how many people you can fit in the bathroom on the bus
Some of the other teachers I had were Mr Miller and ms gordon.
I am so excited to hear that Longhitano's is still open I know where we are going on our next trip home.
I will get you the name of the bar where everyone goes I know where it is, the name has just slipped my mind. I wil be in that area Tues so I will drive past it.
One of my dogs wears a Eagles bandana during the season. You can take the girl out of philly......
I have a couple friends that play for the jags so you know I get hassled about it

karla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville