Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 11:42 PM

44 posts, read 143,269 times

Advertisements

As long as the beach is not more than an hour away that would be great, we have to drive over an hour to go to the beach here in CA and then freeze out butts off!!! Can you mention some good communities in St johns co? Is Eagle Harbor there? This is so great I love this site it helps so much THANK YOU! I will be in Tampa in Sept and want to take a drive there so I am trying to get as much info as possible so we know where to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2007, 12:03 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
If up to an hour is okay for beach distance, then your possibilities are wide open in that regard.

Even the furthest inland parts of Jacksonville are probably under an hour to the beach. A lot of us live in the more dense areas and are 30 minutes or less to the beach.

St. John's county would obviously work for your beach proximity and the eastern parts of Clay county would work too.

Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,013,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_erhard View Post
As long as the beach is not more than an hour away that would be great, we have to drive over an hour to go to the beach here in CA and then freeze out butts off!!!
The surf can get as warm as 84 degrees So freezing going on here

The information I sent you was well with in your "beach range". Orange park and Flemming Island would be the most distance from the beach and only 40 mins depending on which beach you went to.

karla

Old 06-01-2007, 10:35 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,938,341 times
If you are looking for a community with all the bells and whistles and lots of activities for kids, also check out St. Johns Golf and Country club, St. Johns Forest, South Hampton, Palencia, Murabella and King and the Bear. These are all in St. Johns County and about 30 mins to the beach.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:44 AM

184 posts, read 609,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_erhard View Post
Living In Ca And Hate It. We Want To Move Back To Fl. Was Thinking About Jacksonville Area. Have Three Elementary School Age Girls. Any Advice On A Good Place To Raise Kids In The Area? Also Was Wondering If It Is As Warm There As It Is In South Fl? Also Want Fun For My Husband And I, He Loves To Fish. Thanks

I currently live in South Florida ... but originally from JAX area .... St.Johns is an excellent area , new master planned communities , shopping good schools and close to St.Augustine . Lowest cost of living of the major cities in Florida ... still conservative and with a Southern feel although many people from the North East and from South Florida have moved to JAX . The area has beautiful beaches ... including the awesome nearby Ponte Vedra Beach area and no it is not quite as warm and humid as South Florida ... but it can still get hot especially between June and October .... It also gets colder than in South Florida with many nights dipping into the low 30's and even upper
20's in Winter . Good luck on your search

Old 06-06-2007, 08:53 PM

156 posts, read 708,838 times
Default Murabella

I also have three girls, elementary age, and am moving to Murabella, they have beautiful homes, on fairly large lots, not like other developments. The elementary school is Mill Creek, and they have just built a new middle school right there. The homes are very reasonably priced, and lots and lots of stores are coming. Where are you moving from? I live in S Florida right now, Wellington, and will be relocating in the summer to start school this year.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:08 PM

895 posts, read 4,237,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
I also have three girls, elementary age, and am moving to Murabella, they have beautiful homes, on fairly large lots, not like other developments. The elementary school is Mill Creek, and they have just built a new middle school right there. The homes are very reasonably priced, and lots and lots of stores are coming. Where are you moving from? I live in S Florida right now, Wellington, and will be relocating in the summer to start school this year.
Hey--I moved here from Jupiter last year and Murabella is very nice but you will probably have to commute for activities for your girls if you're interested. I've heard great things about Mill Creek. Good Luck waiting for the stores to come, though. I don't mean to be negative but I got hard sold on Palencia 2 years ago (the stores were coming w/in a year) and I just drove by last week and they are just starting to build some commercial with a Starbucks but I didn't see a Publix there. Sorry to be a pain. St. Johns County is a definite slow down from PBC but in a nice way. The people here are friendly and you will enjoy living here. Good Luck.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:30 AM

1,599 posts, read 2,938,341 times
I live in NW st. Johns County and ,yes, we definately need more stores and infrastructure in this area, but it really is coming soon. They have broken ground for several large shopping centers and the "Esplanade" a large open-air upscale shopping center should open in 2009. For now, I enjoy passing by cornfields and cows on my way to 95. It won't last long!

Old 06-07-2007, 08:21 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,340,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
Good Luck waiting for the stores to come, though. I don't mean to be negative but I got hard sold on Palencia 2 years ago (the stores were coming w/in a year) and I just drove by last week and they are just starting to build some commercial with a Starbucks but I didn't see a Publix there.
5FLgirls,

You picked up on this even in the short time you've lived here. The developers have been selling the idea of all the stores coming to North St. John's county since the late 1990's.

The World Golf Village is one that was supposed to be a vortex of shopping and employment.......any day now....(this is what the developers were saying back in '98, I know because I worked for one of the developers).

Old 06-07-2007, 09:13 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,184,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
5FLgirls,

You picked up on this even in the short time you've lived here. The developers have been selling the idea of all the stores coming to North St. John's county since the late 1990's.

The World Golf Village is one that was supposed to be a vortex of shopping and employment.......any day now....(this is what the developers were saying back in '98, I know because I worked for one of the developers).
never believe car salesmen, life insurance salesmen and real estate salemen, they will all say anything regardless of the truth to make a sale.
the easiest way to trip them up is to make them put any promise in writing, they'll never do it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville