Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2010, 11:23 AM

859 posts, read 3,605,580 times

Advertisements

In the market for some vinyl fence so I stopped by the home and patio show this weekend look for some options.

Besides the non-stop "sign up for estimates" and "sign up to win ___" sales people, did learned a few things about fences...

1. Companies hate each other....they all say "we are cheaper, we build better than y company."
2. Prices fluctuate a lot. From $40~100+ per panel installed.
3. Not all vinyl fence are made the same. Thought the panels are just simple square cuts. Now I see most of them are actually tongue&groove like wood floors. Saw one company sells a interlocking system which was neat, but sounded pricier than others.

Looking through old threads I found few regulars here installed vinyl fences before. How are they now, what type of system they use? Are you happy with it today?

And has anyone installed them through Lowes or Home Depot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 PM

353 posts, read 1,142,666 times
We are having a white vinyl fence put in in a few days. You are right... the product quality is drastically different between companys. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I had 4 different companiesof their prodcut come out for quotes. 2 Companies brought samples of their product and the other 2 just measured footage and calculated price.

Prices ranged from $4800 to $5500 for 215' of fence and a 4' gate w/upgraded lock/handle.

I liked the Superior Fence and Rail product over the others. They have the interlocking pieces that lock together. They were on the higher end price wise, but I felt most comfortable with them....

Just FYI...

Old 03-09-2010, 07:11 AM

859 posts, read 3,605,580 times
Thanks RiverRat. No one else was offering what Superior uses? I believe they're the one I saw at the show. If that's who you're using, please do write back how they are once installed

Old 04-26-2010, 07:56 PM

28 posts, read 59,937 times
I had a Vinyl Privacy fence installed with the lattice portion at the top, sold and installed by Fencescape out of Fruit Cove & the gentlemen did a fantastic installation job and his price was really competitive with others. He is a small company and does great work he said he also does lots of the black ornamental fencing. If anyone needs the # it is 904-465-0423 and he will give free estimates.

Old 10-11-2010, 08:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,459 times
I'm from South Florida and I just recently had a PVC Fence installed in my lot. I am completely satisfied. I use to have that homedepot product and that fell apart within months. I was skeptical at first but I'm in love with PVC Fences. I heard about Superior Fences. They were a bit high for me. I went with Elizabeth Taylor Fence. Their fences seemed to be the same thickness as Superior Fence. Much cheaper though. I also got a quote from home depot, but found out later that they charge almost 30% more than local companies.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:23 AM

I had some more work done on a rental property & Stephens Fencescape Fence co. built a nice custom wooden privacy fence on site, not like the pre fabbed ones you see at lowes or h depot. They also do the vinyl, and the black ornamental fencing. I have used them quite a few times and have always had great results. His # is 465-0423. Tell him Mr carter sent you.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 PM

Here is a recent one He Built in Aberdeen! Looks great!
Attached Thumbnails
Vinyl Fence company in town - from home show-img_2318.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: