Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:36 PM

206 posts, read 570,629 times

Advertisements

I am from NY ....am looking to buy a condo in St A. Beach....and then eventually relocate there.

I want to be in zip code 32080

I was really considering Seaside Villa's but have read some bad things about Premiere Properties who manages them

the other two areas I am interested in are
The Preserves
and
Hannah's Walk

Is Seaside Villa's more for vacationers and not a year round residence?

I really could use some help

thanks
Charlene
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 AM

445 posts, read 1,338,004 times
Can't comment on those properties in particular, but now seems like a good time to buy (unless this economy is going off a type of cliff we can't even fathom and we're heading into some economic doomsday). Properties are getting pretty cheap there, now- like, rationally cheap. Not just "cheap compared to the bubble years"...

I know some people prefer condos for the worry-free maintenance, however right now SFD's in 32080 are getting awfully cheap, too, so if that's an option, you might want to look into houses too. I mean you can get a decent, modest house on the Island now for like $125 (fixer-upper'ish), $145, etc... We're going back to late 1990's type prices.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:15 PM

227 posts, read 412,914 times
Just sent a DM, but I had meant to mention looking at homes, as well. More freedom IMO.

Old 04-07-2010, 11:33 PM

Thanks! Poker
I am looking at Hannahs Walk...and off the Island...Las Palmas

Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 PM

thanks so much for your imput
I have to say, I don't think NY has seen the worst of this economic downturn. I have recently put my house up for sale.
I am actually afraid about an economic doomsday....my son was 13 and he kept saying...there is going to be another depression....it feels like he was right

anyway
thanks again for your input
I am coming down next week to look around
Don't want a house....too much work....

Charlene

Old 06-23-2010, 10:05 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,878,168 times
Default Did you come for a look?

I just read your original post. Was wondering if you came for a look see? I would not recommend Hannah's Walk or the Preserves. Friends of mine lived at Hannah's Walk and the Preserve. Both communities have a lot of rentals to college students who caused disturbances with weekend parties. The Preserves are apartment buildings converted to condos. Both communities are wood frame constructed, not concrete block.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:39 AM

310 posts, read 864,951 times
We have friends who have a condo just south of St. Augustine in Crescent Beach, and love it. That's probably where I'd look for some good deals about now w/out the hassle of student life from Flagler College.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 PM

Hi
Thanks for your posts. I actually did come down...I thought Las Palmas was a party central type of college place but did not get that vibe from the Preserves. Hannahs Walks condos were nice but I didn't love the complex. The Preserves I really liked. It might end up being a snow bird type of deal or a place for my son who is thinking of going to Flager. Will only buy if I find an amazing deal...and this way if it's too crazy I can hopefully sell it and break even.

Will check into Crescent beach...thanks for that

C

Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM

118 posts, read 406,814 times
I recommend either staying on Anastasia Island or Cresent Beach and something very close to A1A for the resale purposes you mentioned. Make sure condo complex and construction is newer and all units have the updated interiors to keep resale values high in the community.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 69,806 times
All three places you mentioned are year-round type places, although Seaside Villas could see vacationers because it's just a block from the beach. You may want to go east of A1A at St. Augustine Ocean and Racquet, or for 1 bedroom at Ocean Village Club...each of these will be $100K-$170K, but the least expensive on the beach proper. Cresecent beach will be much more $$$.
St. Augustine Team Realty Saves You Money, Buy or Sell!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville