Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:15 AM

2,602 posts, read 8,302,277 times

Advertisements

@johnatl

Yes, Gayfers was based out of Mobile.

This is the one that was in Clearwater. It had been sitting vacant for four or five years. I got this as they were tearing it down:

I visited the old Tallahassee store yesterday. Dillard's closed a year or two ago and the place is empty:

Sorry if this derailed the thread a little bit. I apologize. It's just not often that these pictures come in handy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,483,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret111 View Post
I think there's a downtown Macy's in Miami. I think it's in their Lincoln Road district in the old Burdines building. That's the only example I can think of in Florida.
That's Miami Beach. There's a Macy's in downtown Miami (which used to be a Burdines). Robyn

Old 04-20-2010, 06:55 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,565,410 times
Here is a rather interesting link.

Consulting Company Weighs How Macy's, Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus Fit in Jacksonville | Firstcoastnews.com | Money

Old 04-20-2010, 07:11 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,283 times
For God's sake that article was published in 2006.

But hey, what do we lame, boring, conservative city-data people know?
Macy's is coming to Jacksonville | Metro Jacksonville Forum

Old 04-22-2010, 05:51 PM

I was reading about Macys on their site. I read that they have 807 stores in the US. Being that Jax is the 40th Metro and New York is the first, I wonder how Jax was over looked for so long. It is nice they finally decided to have a store in Jax, but man it seems like it took forever.

Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,513 times
Five years ago I worked for the "bad" Macy's (Which by the way Federated BOUGHT Macy's and all Macy's are really "bad" since they all have been converted to Federated ways! not Macy's.... ) in G'ville... and I left the company because the rumor had been that they were coming to Jax, but only if they could build at least 3 stores at one time.
This was 7 years ago, I don't think they are coming here anytime soon unless Federated gets on better financial footing.
It would be nice, I miss Macy's mark downs!

Old 05-05-2010, 03:05 PM

2 posts, read 7,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
May was bought by Federated who was bought by Macy's.
Macy's was bought by Federated.
I worked for them when it all went down.

And then Federated decided Macy's was the better "Brand" so switched stores from burdines, Bon Marche, Rich's ect into Macy's to get more people to come in.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:16 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,483,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by only1Johanna View Post
...It would be nice, I miss Macy's mark downs!
Bloomingdales is even better. Especially if you open a new credit card (15-20% off that day) when it's having a great sale. I was in Atlanta last October - and discovered my card had expired through lack of use. But I got a new one in 5 minutes - and an extra 20% off everything I bought that day. Thought at some point they were going to pay me to take stuff home! Robyn

Old 06-02-2010, 10:37 PM

Robyn, KerryB & Otis Wigham are nuts just plain nuts. I dont get you guys.

Old 06-03-2010, 01:52 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Robyn, KerryB & Otis Wigham are nuts just plain nuts. I dont get you guys.
Thanks, but we're not the ones who posted a thread based on hearsay pushed off as factual & then didn't provide a single shred of evidence to support your claim when called on it. Then turns out, hey! What do ya know. It was bogus.

That pretty much sum it up?? Good. Now please stop posting your bogus claims. Why this stupid thread still exists is beyond me. Actually, I do know why, but better not say or else I'll catch the wrath of the forum Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville