Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2010, 08:21 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,566,765 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a real estate agency that is large enough--and interested enough--to be interested in helping me find a small home or maybe condo to live in.
There are good agencies who actually will spend some time helping you (I don't need that much really) and there are agencies who don't care unless you are spending at least $500K--and I'm not.
I was in hard core sales well over 30 years, so I know when someone is interested in helping me and when they just want to fluff me off, make an ez sale and doesn't care to assist me in any way (which is the treatment I'm getting from the current person I spoke with). I am a serious buyer and need some quick help.
So, can someone here suggest a decent realtor for the Ponte Vedra area? Most of the questions I had have been done on my own on the net, but still...I need some guidance from a non-rip off agency/realtor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 03:32 PM

60 posts, read 189,800 times
Susan Dunham with Keller Williams

Jacksonville Florida Homes

Her office address says Jax Beach, but it is right on the border of Jax Beach and PV. She's caring, not pushy and knows her stuff! Good luck on your hunt!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:56 PM

238 posts, read 887,797 times
Highly recommend Julia Blanton with Prudential (office in Atlantic Beach, but she lives in Ponte Vedra). Very knowledgeable, professional, hard working. A+++

Old 04-23-2010, 11:44 AM

36 posts, read 113,015 times
We highly recommend Angela Tharpe with Watson Realty 904-923-4485, she has been invaluable with our relocation process to St. Augustine. She is extremely customer focused and results driven, you will be very happy with her responsiveness and flexibility.

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:00 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
First start with realtor.com (you'll find all the MLS listings). Do a bunch of searches - and see what in general you're interested in. You can check out the FSBO's that won't coop with a broker in the local papers. Also check out Realty Trac for all the foreclosures. FWIW - there are very few condos in PVB that aren't old converted apartments. Find out which ones those are - and avoid them like the plague. Robyn

Old 04-25-2010, 10:47 AM

109 posts, read 306,668 times
I found my home through ziprealty. You search online. Pick the homes you like, they show, and you get a rebate on closing. They have the best website for searching. For PV, search 32082. Not pushy. You are in complete control which I liked.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:44 AM

1 posts, read 1,465 times
Hi ToostieWootsie,

My name is Tracy Nottingham. I live in Ponte Vedra and I moved here 12 years ago. You will Love this area! I can't really find anything negative to say about it. The schools are amazing (they were orginally designed after the New York/northern school systems). I am a realtor. Don't stop reading lol. I have actually helped 3 people form New York get situated down here. They are the ones that told me about this sight. I couldn't believe there were people blogging about individual neighborhoods here. If you have any specific questions or need any help with anything please let me know. I would love to help in anyway I can.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:46 PM

12 posts, read 40,338 times
Default I am one of Tracy's NY Clients

Can't thank you enough Tracy! We love our home! Mary can't wait to come back down to see more houses! You may be single handedly responsible for relocating the entire city of New York to the PVB area!!!You are the best!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:24 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvbrentals View Post
Hi ToostieWootsie,

My name is Tracy Nottingham. I live in Ponte Vedra and I moved here 12 years ago. You will Love this area! I can't really find anything negative to say about it. The schools are amazing (they were orginally designed after the New York/northern school systems). I am a realtor. Don't stop reading lol. I have actually helped 3 people form New York get situated down here. They are the ones that told me about this sight. I couldn't believe there were people blogging about individual neighborhoods here. If you have any specific questions or need any help with anything please let me know. I would love to help in anyway I can.
Since this is your first message - thought you might like to know the TOS regarding realtors for future reference:

Real Estate Agents and other businesses will not advertise their services nor solicit business in their posts. Create a free business profile by going to http://www.city-data.com/profiles/add and fill out your forum profile instead. Do not include links to your websites, MLS listings, etc. in your posts. Do not try to push the envelope by attempting to hide your intentions. Do not solicit business by DMs. Show your knowledge about the area and help people and you will get leads naturally. Real estate agents should join the usergroup for them here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/profi...editusergroups. It will set your user title and add an icon next to your name, so you will get free advertising with your posts.

In any event - what makes you think the schools here were originally designed to be like New York schools/schools up north? Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville