Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2010, 06:11 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times

Advertisements

When I saw that a new pizza place was about to open in Mandarin near the WalMart, I told my kids that was just what we need- another pizza place! There are more than a dozen within a mile radius- Renna's, Picasso's, Al's, the four national chains, five Italian restaurants that have pizza, Whole Foods makes them...

But the new place doesn't cook the pizza's or have seating- it is "take & bake". They have pizzas that are made to order- you get them uncooked. We tried one and it was good- a thin crust, which is what we like. I was in a hurry when I got it, so ordered one off the menu- chicken, sundried tomatoes and fresh basil, but you can tell them exactly what you want on the pizza, too. The toppings are fresh and they have coupons

A couple women who were waiting for their orders told me that they had Papa Murphey's Vancouver, WA, so I guess it isn't new, just new to Jax. Has anyone else tried them/heard of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 06:38 AM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times
I've never had them here, but have eaten them before. I like them......better than frozen and easier than making your own.....LOL.

amy

Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 AM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
They had these in Memphis when I lived there. Certainly an alternative. Not the greatest thing in the world, but decent.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 AM

94 posts, read 346,138 times
My grandmother who lives in Oregon loves Papa Murphey's! I've had it once or twice while visiting her and I thought it was a pretty neat concept. Worth trying at least once, I say.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 PM

278 posts, read 906,462 times
They're pretty common in the Northwest and also pretty popular here. Having grown up in FL, I was surprised to see how common the "take & bake" approach is in the Northwest. It kind of fits in the "no mans land" between delivery/take-out pizza and frozen pizza. I think the Papa Murphys pizzas taste great and represent good value if you're willing & able to do the cooking at home.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:54 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
They only take fifteen minutes to bake, which I think is less than a frozen pizza.

I like the concept of take and bake, as delivered pizza is no longer quick and inexpensive. The past few months, I've just picked up frozen DiGiorno. But the fresh Papa Murphy's pizzas are about the same price as the DiGiornos, even at WalMart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville