Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 PM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times

Advertisements

Jax Pier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
where do that shoot them off at the beach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 01:50 PM

432 posts, read 1,309,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizliz0925 View Post
St. Augustine is very nice to watch by the Fort.
Also, Go see the Jacksonville Suns (AA team for the Dodgers) on July 3rd.
They always have a great fireworks show.
they are also having a game on the 4th. my husband didn't want to fight beach traffic (but we'll fight downtown traffic, don't ask) and we're going to the game on the 4th to watch....

I really enjoy the Suns games......

amy

Old 07-04-2010, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,067 times
We live at the beach, so we just pack up chairs and a cooler and head down there. If you plan to attend the event at the seawalk pavilion, don't bring a cooler. A few years ago, they didn't even allow me to bring in my backpack purse, but they'd relaxed on that at the last few events.

The beach is fine for us though. LOTs of people bring fireworks and set them off down there, so you get a pre-show as well as the main event that goes off at the pier.

As someone said, it gets crowded. However, that's part of the fun~!

Old 07-06-2010, 05:59 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,278,262 times
Here's what I did on July 4th: The annual 4th of July neighborhood Throwback Baseball Game

Eastside Reds 9, Westside Giants 7 ....very fun

National Anthem

I'm warming up

The Westside Giants at bat

Quick feet

The Eastside Reds at bat

Whos on First?

Spectators (neighbors)

Spectators x2

Spectators x3

The Mommies Club sold sweets, and raffled off a cooler of ice cold beer

Relaxing!

In the end, it's was all in good fun

Old 05-26-2011, 10:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,808 times
what date do they do it? the weekend are that Monday?

Old 05-26-2011, 10:53 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
World Golf Village puts on a very nice fireworks show but leaving after the event is a real hassle. There's only one way out so it's much better to sit tight in your lawn chair until almost everyone has driven out of the community. St. Augustine has a classic fireworks show that draws record crowds each year who view from land and the river. Parking is hard to find as is a place to set up your lawn chair or anchor a boat for viewing the show. Traffic after the show is gridlock.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:58 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,765 times
Did the St. Augustine show many years ago, it is pretty good.

They allow people to shoot fireworks off the beach? I'm new to FL so not use to being able to buy/use fireworks legally. Just want to know the rules.

Thanks.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:11 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Talking So you wanna blow stuff up?

Basically except for sparklers fireworks are illegal in Florida. You can use anything the state considers a "sparkler," which includes snakes or glow worms, smoke devices, trick noisemakers, party poppers, booby traps, snappers, trick matches that produce a spark and cigarette loads.
In Florida, it's illegal to buy, sell or explode consumer fireworks — even on your own property — unless you (A) have a city permit to shoot off fireworks for the public to enjoy; (B) will use the explosives to scare off birds from a farm or fish hatchery; or (C) you work on a railroad and need to light or clear a path for your train. The state defines "fireworks" to include standard fireworks, projectile fireworks, launchable rockets with stands, M-80s and bottle rockets.

Its illegal but not well enforced

Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Its illegal but not well enforced
I'd say so since you can go into Target and BJs (to name 2) and buy fireworks (not just sparklers). Confusing.

In NJ, they'll just about haul you away if you are using fireworks. A bit over-the-top.

Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
It used to be an almost yearly pilgrimage..the week before July 4th you would load up the car with a couple of friends and take I-95 up north to the South Carolina state line to Indian Joes and buy all the fireworks you could afford (including all the money people gave you to buy some for them) and bring them back to Jax. Led to a festive and exciting 4th. This was before Target and Wal-Mart were here. We did have Kmart, Atlantic Mills and Pic-N-Save but thet didnt sell the good stuff...(course back then gas was like $0.45 a gal)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville