U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-12-2010, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 11,296,242 times
Reputation: 3097

Advertisements

The majority of CL is still a good venue, especially for advertising services, finding good deals (like you I've also furnished most of my apt with Cl 'finds'). There are even still some decent relatively spam free forums, especially food & gardening.

The worst are the job market forum (full of auto spam/scam MLM postings) and the personals section for ads. the personals are always good for a laugh though.

Thank god for CD forums I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-12-2010, 12:21 PM
 
418 posts, read 1,204,047 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The majority of CL is still a good venue, especially for advertising services, finding good deals (like you I've also furnished most of my apt with Cl 'finds'). There are even still some decent relatively spam free forums, especially food & gardening.

The worst are the job market forum (full of auto spam/scam MLM postings) and the personals section for ads. the personals are always good for a laugh though.

Thank god for CD forums I say.
I will say these forums have kept my mood from totally tanking. If I need a good laugh I can always depend on CD forums. lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 01:01 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,160,149 times
Reputation: 35902
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I gotten plenty of dates off craiglist too
Eeeks! This is why I don't use Craig's List personals....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
 
Location: The Chatterdome in La La Land, CaliFUNia
38,854 posts, read 20,160,149 times
Reputation: 35902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxerlady View Post
I will say these forums have kept my mood from totally tanking. If I need a good laugh I can always depend on CD forums. lmao
CD has also been an outlet for me as well. I do need to curtail my time here but I do enjoy the camaraderie between the members.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2010, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 11,296,242 times
Reputation: 3097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Eeeks! This is why I don't use Craig's List personals....
stop, stop, you're killing me here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top