U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 10:57 AM

38,981 posts, read 20,564,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
At least they showed up!

I had a job interview at a local coffeehouse and was there for almost 2 hours before I finally go a hold of someone at the company. They then told me that there would be no interview. No phone call, no sorry, nothing.
That's so inconsiderate and WRONG!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 11:04 AM

57,205 posts, read 76,275,869 times
imho employers take note of a good post.
this type of careless interview can get you bad press maybe even an EEOC law suit.
do you think the applicant has no friends in these public places. one just posted.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:41 AM

96 posts, read 584,852 times
Just an observation, but almost all of the staffing and temp companies I have interviewed with came off as unprofessional and incompetent.But then again,standards seem to be falling fast all the way around with both employers and applicants.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:56 AM

8,998 posts, read 13,319,148 times
Quote:
At least they showed up!

I had a job interview at a local coffeehouse and was there for almost 2 hours before I finally go a hold of someone at the company. They then told me that there would be no interview. No phone call, no sorry, nothing.
How rude!

The least they could have done is call or something.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:38 PM

17,206 posts, read 21,329,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother227 View Post
Just an observation, but almost all of the staffing and temp companies I have interviewed with came off as unprofessional and incompetent.But then again,standards seem to be falling fast all the way around with both employers and applicants.
That seems to be the norm these days. They're staffed by usually very young and incompetent people.

Years ago you went into a temp agency, took some tests, and they placed you.

Now you hear horror stories.

How about going on an interview and the person you interview with makes it clear they haven't even reviewed your resume. How hard is it to take a few minutes and review the resume so they can actually ask some intelligent questions?

Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM

244 posts, read 754,632 times
Quote:
At least they showed up!

Extremely rude and unprofessional. Sorry that happened to you.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:53 PM

79 posts, read 202,043 times
In this economy, the management knows that there is a LONG line of applicants. The management knows that regardless of how supervisors treat applicants, more people will come back in droves looking for a job. If you have something that many people desperately want, then the people are at your mercy. I talked to a woman who was fired from a retail store earlier this year, and she told me that she applied for housing assistance recently. She was in a waiting line of 4,000 (that's right FOUR THOUSAND) applicants in Lincoln, Nebraska, where there is a low unemployment rate! Needless to say, she will have to look for a cheaper place for herself and her kids

Old 06-24-2010, 01:19 PM

3,651 posts, read 8,410,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother227 View Post
Just an observation, but almost all of the staffing and temp companies I have interviewed with came off as unprofessional and incompetent.
Yep.

There's an old joke that those who can't hack it in sales become HR. And worse, because they're in a position of power, it goes to their head.

It's ironic and amazing to me how often arrogance and stupidity go together. ie if they at least had a valid reason to be arrogant....

Old 06-24-2010, 04:02 PM

19,116 posts, read 27,223,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelboo View Post
Extremely rude and unprofessional. Sorry that happened to you.
No big, the company went buns up about 6 months later. They were kind of known around my area to provide crappy service so I'm actually pretty happy I didn't get the job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search