Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Are you even eligible for unemployment? My guess is that this place is an NPO which would make them exempt from paying unemployment premiums if they're small enough.
Yes, but the Shelter are going to tell their side of the story to the judicator. It's their BullSh*t -vs- my side of the story. They are not exempt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
Very sorry to hear that. I wonder, though, had you stayed longer, if something worse would have happened (through no fault of your own). Maybe "fate" did you a favor by getting you out of there.

What are your plans now? Do you have any friends/acquaintances who can hook you up with a job (no matter what kind of job it is, long as it's legitimate).

Sorry to sound naive, but would you be eligible to work security? A guard told me that her previous employer fired her, and she found a security guard job afterwards. It pays little, but it's something to do while recovering from this episode and plan for your future.
Thanks for your empathetic post.

I hope it's god getting me away from serious harm. That place is a ticking time bomb!! Believe me when I say it.

Someone is going to get really hurt one day.

I'll be ok.........I just need to get focused and make some moves, fast.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:48 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
PM'd you.

Remember the story a week or so ago about the Hooker that got arrested 300 times? She was one of our clients.
Awesome. As I mentioned in PM, that corridor has become a self-parody, and not a funny one.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:43 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
Quote:
Thanks for your empathetic post.

I hope it's god getting me away from serious harm. That place is a ticking time bomb!! Believe me when I say it.

Someone is going to get really hurt one day.

I'll be ok.........I just need to get focused and make some moves, fast.
I do.

If at all possible, do something for yourself the rest of this week and this weekend. Sounds like you need a break from trauma - ANY kind of trauma.

Then you can refocus next week.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,945 times
Quote:
Yes, but the Shelter are going to tell their side of the story to the judicator. It's their BullSh*t -vs- my side of the story. They are not exempt.
The shelter's B.S. isn't worth much compared to a police report. I would think it's unlikely that a government agency would conveniently ignore a police report like the shelter management did. What idiots.

Old 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
The shelter's B.S. isn't worth much compared to a police report. I would think it's unlikely that a government agency would conveniently ignore a police report like the shelter management did. What idiots.
Idiots............you got that right. I have never worked with so many inept people in my life. If I get the unemployment, that will give me a few months of breathing room. I have a few projects on the table that are looking good. If I have a good month with the projects, I will not need unemployment benefits nor another job.

Wish me luck!

I'll need it!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:04 PM
JS1

1,896 posts, read 6,767,945 times
Good luck!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:07 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,235 times
Quote:
Idiots............you got that right. I have never worked with so many inept people in my life. If I get the unemployment, that will give me a few months of breathing room. I have a few projects on the table that are looking good. If I have a good month with the projects, I will not need unemployment benefits nor another job.

Wish me luck!

I'll need it!
Well, good riddance, then. You were too good for them anyway.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:27 PM

82 posts, read 495,855 times
File for unemployment tomorrow! You and shelter rep will meet with unemployment agent. Both sides will be explained and a judgement will be passed. Your key phrase should be, "I feared for my safety and for the other residents safety, that is why I HAD to defend myself against the attack". You can say man admitted guilt and has been charged, inform them of the court date and verdict (if after the trial). You will win. Good luck.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:53 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
Contact your local media... seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search