U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2010, 02:07 AM

100 posts, read 255,876 times

Advertisements

Woo Hoo ! I start work to-morrow !!
I found a business that has phones ringing off the hook, literally ! They had 3 people in the office getting hired when I got hired today. I have to share this, this is how we do it where I come from, share!
Now, this is not high pay. It is not full time with benefits. But if you are anything like me, nice older lady (or compassionate man) having trouble getting hired, far along in U/I, and worried about keeping your place to live, it is a JOB.
This place had 400 locations across the country. Don't know if all are busy, but our area has been 2nd highest in unemployment in the US for YEARS, yet the place is busy. I was shocked at the action going on.
Yes, I have the degree and references and etc., and I am taking a 5 dollar-an-hour pay cut. Pay cut or street, hmm, can I decide??? Hey, I got kitties to feed here...lol.
However, this job will allow almost unlimited working hours due to the nature of the work. Under special federal rules, you get paid for all the hours but no overtime. So, I asked for 5 nights a week, so I can pay all my bills. They said sure ! I can work up to 6 days, but not 7, no one gets 7. They have a softball team, super-nice people (means a lot to me) involved in the town! Gives out 50-dollar prize monthly for being a good employee ! They assured us that if we show up they will keep us busy, or give hours. Some jobs are extremely laid back and some are technical, some are for strong backs, some boring.
Job title - caregiver and "angel." What more can an ol lady ask for ?
I am not 100 percent about the rules on specific company names here, so I will try to tell you how to find it.
OK, I found it by putting in the type of job - "Caregiving visiting." You will see it I hope. I am thinking many other similar good companies have work if this place is so busy and hired so many of us in a week !
Best of luck and love to all, Thanks to God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:07 AM

32 posts, read 118,612 times
Glad to now that you've got the job old lady! I can tell that you're really happy and excited about it(lol). And I can pretty sensed that you do have a "caregiving passion". It's indeed a good start for a fresh new career. And ever you would want to change career paths or get a high paying similar jobs in the future, you now have a relevant experience to back you up. Congrats again!

Cheers,
Mikaela

Old 07-22-2010, 07:11 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,925,823 times
Congratulations! It's always nice to hear of a success story on here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search