U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 10:51 AM

19,078 posts, read 21,960,924 times

Advertisements

Our admin asked us for updated CVs a few months ago. Pretty much everybody had to submit them, but it still made me nervous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 10:52 AM

38,901 posts, read 20,212,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The HR Manager was on vacation when I was hired so that's probably why she doexn't have a copy of the resume.
Um ... If you were hired, your resume should be located in your files and should be accessible to your Hiring Manager regardless of whether she was around when you were hired or not.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:53 AM

225 posts, read 481,829 times
Right before I was laid-off, my supervisor went around and asked everyone how many kids they had and whether or not they were on our insurance. Whenever an employer starts asking questions, it would be in your best interest to start preparing. You may be making excuses now for the reasoning behind her request but don't put all your eggs in one basket. You need to have options and a plan.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,454,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Our admin asked us for updated CVs a few months ago. Pretty much everybody had to submit them, but it still made me nervous.

Exactly, it wasn't like it was just me, it was three of us.

Her eaxct words-"it don't have to be too fancy just give me whatever you have"

Old 07-24-2010, 10:54 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,627,576 times
Quote:
You don't need to worry about Big Sol. Big Sol will be alright
I'm not in the least worried about Big Sol. Big Sol should be worried about Big Sol.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'm not in the least worried about Big Sol. Big Sol should be worried about Big Sol.
Just let me know when u would like to sample a piece of Big Solly

Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,627,576 times
Quote:
Those were her exact words? It's bad enough that you can grammatically mangle a simple sentence but I can see now that you have no direction in this regard when your manager does exactly the same. And you counsel people about employment? Double eek.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Those were her exact words? It's bad enough that you can grammatically mangle a simple sentence but I can see now that you have no direction in this regard when your manager does exactly the same. And you counsel people about employment? Double eek.
I counsel people on how to FIGHT UNEMPLOYMENT not writing essays FluffyPoo

Old 07-24-2010, 11:08 AM

38,901 posts, read 20,212,658 times
Quote:
I counsel people on how to FIGHT UNEMPLOYMENT not writing essays FluffyPoo
How do you "counsel people on how to FIGHT UNEMPLOYMENT"? By the way, poor writing ability can hinder someone in seeking employment and some employers actually require a writing sample as part of the interview process.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:10 AM

19,078 posts, read 21,960,924 times
Quote:
Exactly, it wasn't like it was just me, it was three of us.

Well, it's quite possible they will go through them all to make a decision. Ya know, finding the best talent for the least cost. Or, since projects and strides happen while on the job, updating your resume should be par for the course. I would make sure they have the most up-to-date resume you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or