U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:15 AM

16,085 posts, read 23,879,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I counsel people on how to FIGHT UNEMPLOYMENT
I have to give you credit TVSG.....your grammer and typing are worse than mine...spellings poor....and you arrive late to work everyday and are still employed...whatever charms you have are skills worth learning. I seriously think you should write a book.

Last edited by virgode; 07-25-2010 at 07:26 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 08:49 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I have to give you credit TVSG.....your grammer and typing are worse than mine...spellings poor....and you arrive late to work everyday and are still employed...whatever charms you have are skills worth learning. I seriously think you should write a book.
I never had any skills in charming anyone but I think the fact that I'm attractive and funny in a female dominated atmosphere makes it easy for them to like me.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:52 AM

2,189 posts, read 2,107,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by north beach person View Post
only when i had to re-apply for my job.

lol

Old 07-25-2010, 09:11 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,362,608 times
Quote:
I never had any skills in charming anyone but I think the fact that I'm attractive and funny in a female dominated atmosphere makes it easy for them to like me.
Oh dear me, when you're all clogged up and sick there's nothing cleansing about water coming out of your nose, darn it!

Grasshopper, your estimation of yourself is just precious and commendable but if women like you so much because you're attractive and funny how come you can never get a date? Your HR manager is female but she was about to write you up before salvaging (at least temporarily) your job by having you come in later. You make so many disparaging comments about your fellow (all female) workers it's hard to imagine they genuinely like you.

My guess is that you rather resemble a much slower and watered down version of Dwight Schrute in character, maybe Dwight with a hint of Toby ...

Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,615 posts, read 50,276,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Oh dear me, when you're all clogged up and sick there's nothing cleansing about water coming out of your nose, darn it!

Grasshopper, your estimation of yourself is just precious and commendable but if women like you so much because you're attractive and funny how come you can never get a date? Your HR manager is female but she was about to write you up before salvaging (at least temporarily) your job by having you come in later. You make so many disparaging comments about your fellow (all female) workers it's hard to imagine they genuinely like you.

My guess is that you rather resemble a much slower and watered down version of Dwight Schrute in character, maybe Dwight with a hint of Toby ...

More like JIMBO

Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 AM

24,671 posts, read 58,362,608 times
Quote:
More like JIMBO
You have now confirmed my very darkest suspicion that you're totally demented and delusional. But go ahead and explain, please ...

Old 07-25-2010, 01:49 PM

Shaking my head....That questioning is a little out of line, why would they ask, when an employer most certainly has access to the information when they're contributing money to your benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lQQkin4fulltime View Post
Right before I was laid-off, my supervisor went around and asked everyone how many kids they had and whether or not they were on our insurance. Whenever an employer starts asking questions, it would be in your best interest to start preparing. You may be making excuses now for the reasoning behind her request but don't put all your eggs in one basket. You need to have options and a plan.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:

...Don't get to full of yourself there, Its great knowing your employer values you, but everyones replaceable. And one day they can stop accomodating your lateness, the right resume lands on their desk ..... Don't worry about who else is late and what they're doing, they wont be much help to you unemployed.

Thats all the advice I have, have a good week.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:13 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,877,313 times
Quote:
Until she explained she just needed for a audit. I was thinking I had to reapply for my job for a minute and was like-"NOT THIS AGAIN"

Has anyone ever heard of this?
C'mon son..............................................

Old 07-25-2010, 05:16 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,294,908 times
Quote:
yeah, we can tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or