Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 07:30 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times

Advertisements

Until she explained she just needed for a audit. I was thinking I had to reapply for my job for a minute and was like-"NOT THIS AGAIN"

Has anyone ever heard of this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 07:45 PM

45,383 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Only when I had to re-apply for my job.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:57 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Until she explained she just needed for a audit. I was thinking I had to reapply for my job for a minute and was like-"NOT THIS AGAIN"

I think that they are looking for a reason...

Old 07-22-2010, 09:44 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Maybe they're trying to figure out why you were hired in the first place and thought the resume they had on file for you wasn't the right one. Who knows? Instead of "having aniexty" (sic) why didn't you just casually ask, "Just curious, why does an audit require my resume?" That does sound very peculiar. I'd be shocked and aniextic.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 PM

577 posts, read 1,759,098 times
Yea that seems weird. I dont see how your resume would be needed for an audit.

Be aware if you are applying to other jobs outside of the company that some companies "fish" to see if their employees are applying elsewhere. My friend applied to a job on indeed and he was approached by his own company asking if he wasnt happy there as they received his resume for a job they put out there. For me I wouldnt apply to anything that I couldnt go to the company's website and see who it was... but i know some things are put out there by recruiters.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:42 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
An "audit" of what exactly? I have NEVER been asked to resubmit my resume to HR after working somewhere - they already HAVE a copy in my personnel file anyway.

Maybe they want to check if you've "updated" it since you've been working for them.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post

"not this again" ????? You've been asked for this BEFORE? Wow

btw it's spelled ANXIETY........... I'd think you'd know how to spell it by now as so many things seem to make you anxious

Last edited by Opyelie; 07-23-2010 at 12:35 AM..

Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 PM

Grasshopper, as an example:

"The general definition of an audit is an evaluation of a person, organization, system, process, enterprise, project or product. Audits are performed to ascertain the validity and reliability of information; also to provide an assessment of a system's internal control."

On the face of it, it really doesn't look good, Grasshopper. By the same token and with all due respect I hope you'll continue on in your present job. Otherwise I fear you're going to rehash the threads you created the last time you were unemployed and the responses to which you totally ignored then and continue to ignore now. Sigh.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
Yea that seems weird. I dont see how your resume would be needed for an audit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
An "audit" of what exactly? I have NEVER been asked to resubmit my resume to HR after working somewhere - they already HAVE a copy in my personnel file anyway.

Maybe they want to check if you've "updated" it since you've been working for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
it's spelled ANXIETY........... I'd think you'd know how to spell it by now as so many things seem to make you anxious
Addressed the mis-spelling but it's typical of TVSG. Cheers!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:22 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
If the organization you work for is funded by the government or a foundation, having staff resumes on file is a normal part of an audit. Maybe your original was misfiled or something, or maybe they want to have one that includes your current work - did they ask you to update it or submit the original from when you were hired?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search