Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:35 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Me and STT Resident would make a great comedy team
TVSG, I'm wondering how you see yourself. You seem confused over the fact that these threads and your "pithy" comments aren't informative, interesting, or funny. They are just annoying.

If you are trolling, you may be the greatest troll that lived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 01:45 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Nothing anyone says is going to change TVSG. At 35 years old he is what he is and shall ever remain so, unfortunately.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:49 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Makes me think they are verifying your references. Very often businesses do not verify these. But I do suspect they are looking at them for some reason and it's not a good one. In light of the whole lateness issue and of all the "drama" issues you seem to be in the middle of, this seems ominous to me.

All I can say is be prepared...
B I N G O ! This sounds the most likely. They are checking something you put on your resume .

( just a guess , I only got through 3 pages so far , unless you have an update )

Old 07-24-2010, 01:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Okay : I read the whole thing.

You : Are habitually late at your job , SO late they changed your schedule instead of firing you.

Then after you got your Supervisor to change things around you got a Resume Audit .

You have never really addressed how out of millions of employees who show up ON TIME ( or early ) but YOU can't do it...

I ask again : Whats your beef with your job ?

Afterall , you said you are early for funerals , weddings and doctor appoinments but are LATE most of the time for your job...

The one thing that keeps you from being in the pool of people you help, the Unemployed.....Or are you trying to get canned ?

Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
B I N G O ! This sounds the most likely. They are checking something you put on your resume .

( just a guess , I only got through 3 pages so far , unless you have an update )
Why would they want to check his resume? The purpose of resumes are for obtaining interviews, they aren't legal documents.. Anything written on the original application with signature to apply for a position would be legal and anything omitted or deceptive on the app could however be reason for termination.

If this employer wanted to fire him, they already have all they need, hes chronically late. So TVSG must be of value or they would have certainly canned him by now.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times
I have to laugh that people claim that TV guy is so boring they can't stand it, but, all his threads generate pages and pages of responses so he can't be that boring or if he is you guys are even more boring for posting over and over. Many are annoyed by the fact that he is late and instead of firing him they actually changed his schedule to to suit his needs! For some reason this seem to be very aggrivating to many posters There is a lot of humor here

Old 07-24-2010, 06:50 PM

1,228 posts, read 3,719,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I have to laugh that people claim that TV guy is so boring they can't stand it, but, all his threads generate pages and pages of responses so he can't be that boring or if he is you guys are even more boring for posting over and over. Many are annoyed by the fact that he is late and instead of firing him they actually changed his schedule to to suit his needs! For some reason this seem to be very aggrivating to many posters There is a lot of humor here
That actually is kind of true. He could post a single word and I bet that he would evoke a response.

I have just come to a conclusion.

TVSG is the most interesting man in the world. He doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, it's Dos Equis.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:02 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Exactly, no one is forced to respond.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Me and STT Resident would make a great comedy team
Will you EVER learn grammar? Were you ever taught grammar? Your silly posturing about teaching your hapless victims how to FIGHT UNEMPLOYMENT and not how to write essays has been dismissed. The correct presentation even of such a silly post would be, "STT Resident and I would make a great comedy team."

Poor Grasshopper. The world is such a difficult place for so many.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:30 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:

Then why can't YOU understand that we also find it hilarious.

Please don't try to project the way YOU might feel onto other posters.

Most of us aren't annoyed, we're too busy laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search