U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 08:50 AM

15,022 posts, read 21,719,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VethRojas View Post
I used to work for this small company that just open up, it's like a door to door sell. The employer ask me did I smoke weed I say no, he asked me a couple more times than I finally say yes a couple weeks ago and he made my fiancé take the drug test for me just in case I fail. Is that illegal?
What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 11:24 AM

870 posts, read 750,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicabound60565 View Post

Honestly anyone who smokes pot can pass a drug test if they want to, they can go to gnc and buy a detox drink or buy fake powder urine. I guess the one thing drug testing does is get rid of the real idiots b/c if you cant go to gnc and buy a juice drink to drink an hour before the drug test your really dumb.
Yeah, anyone who believes that nobody in their workplace smokes Marijuana just because they drug test is hopelessly naive. Not only is it easy, as anyone who has friends who smoke can attest, I once had a college friend's dealer end up working in my office. And he was still running his side business

Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM

366 posts, read 351,028 times
Well if they checked for benzos how would they know it wasn't prescribed to you? It's not an illegal drug. I have a prescription for Xanax for my anxiety to take "as needed". I haven't had any for almost a year, but if I was facing something really nerve wracking I might have one (.25, the smallest one).

And please don't take your friend's pills. If you feel anxious or something then ask your doctor about something for yourself and see what they recommend. When I first had a .25 Xanax I fell asleep for most of the day. Imagine if that happened on your interview day, eh?

Don't worry. If they see you have a benzo in your system you can say it's a scrip. But really, it's not their business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search