U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2010, 06:14 AM

177 posts, read 463,710 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. Here's my current situation, I'd appreciate any advice!

I started working at my current job at the end of May (3 months ago). I moved to this job from another office in the same organization, doing the same work (except I'm now full-time). I have been with the organization for over a year now. However, my current job is considered to be temporary, as the company is doing major restructuring, with some jobs being lost. I've been led to believe that I am safe, but as of yet I have heard absolutely nothing official.

Here's the dilemma: I have looked at other job postings within the company and there are 2 openings for the exact same position I have now, in another state that I've always wanted to move to. The kicker is, the application is due by this Friday, and my boss is on vacation all week! I have no way to get in touch with her, and I don't want to feel like I went behind her back, especially since I've only been here in my current office for 3 months. However, I don't feel 100% secure here. I'm thinking I still apply for these other jobs anyway. After all, I have to look out for myself, right? Plus, I'd still be working for the same organization, doing what I love. I guess the real problem is that I'd feel like I'm betraying my boss, who counts on me for a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 AM

177 posts, read 463,710 times
No opinions/advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search